Unable to figure out problems, any suggestions??

Vicocola

One morning after i got gas from shell gas station, my car started to act up weirdly. First when i start up my car, my idle is unstable, it revs up to ~3000 rpm then dies, flooring gas doesnt seem to help unless i floor it hard. Then second time starting up and i can floor it to stabilize it for a min or two and let it heat up n it seems to be fine. When i go full throttle, the car won't go until few seconds later. Originally, I thought i accidentally put in 87 octane gas, so i've decided to put in octane booster, it seems to fixed the throttle problem, the car went on smoothly. (Later on i found out it was 91 octane gas that i put in, not 87 octane) However, the idle problem still was a concern, so i tried to take out the maf sensor and clean it w/ CRC sensor cleaner. After that didnt help, i took it to the body shop. First they replaced the air temp sensor?! i think.. cost bout 80 bucks... well it didnt help, so they tried to change the maf sensor, that didnt help either... so now they r still stuck trying to figure out the problem... anyone have ideas? thank you for your helps!!!

Don't replace random parts on the car. That bill will add up quick and you may still have a car that runs poorly. Find out what it may be and test those sensors. I'd be pissed if a shop charged me for 12 different things that weren't the problem. Make sure you don't have any leaks in the charge pipes. That will make the car slow and hesitate.

Check your vacuum lines. Might have a leak somewhere....they stock rubber vacuum lines tend to dryrot and crack. I am battling the same issue from time to time.

Back