Tx wide meet!!

SPRFLY

:
vivid yellow '03 Protege 5
hey all i posted something on the tx thread about having a meet.. the date is mid to late march (undesided still exact date).. but it's going to be a Huffines park in Richardson. bring your families.. it's a nice park they just redid all the play ground equipment so it's really nice and the kids will love it.. we are going to make this a cook out too. so everyone bring something to grill... you can contact myself or TXSpeed59.. or any of the other texas guys...

NE dallas, south of plano... but it all kinda runs together anyways

also, I'm glad to see a big texas meet closer (to me anyways) than friggen austin like last year... sorry Houston guys...

memo79 said:
Jeez man, it isn't THAT far. I wanna go, but I'm 4500 miles away.
Now THAT'S far
Nu-uh Buddy. Not quite. Dexter drove down to last year's meet in Austin. From Chicago (I think, for sure somewhere in Illinois) to Austin. I have no idea how many miles that is, but THAT'S FAR. Big props to Dexter for that one, even now.

Leonardo said:
Nu-uh Buddy. Not quite. Dexter drove down to last year's meet in Austin. From Chicago (I think, for sure somewhere in Illinois) to Austin. I have no idea how many miles that is, but THAT'S FAR. Big props to Dexter for that one, even now.
are you sayin' that Chicago's farther from TX than Alaska is?

and sweetcool: the drive wouldn't bother me (I could take a couple of weeks of leave and do it) it's the $$$$ that it would cost. Gas first of all. 30mpg into 4500miles, times an average of $2.00 bucks a gallon, that's $600 in gas alone. not to mention that I gots to eat and sleep. (although I could sleep in the car) I'd just need places to shower. Now you've got the gears in my head rolling. I'd need a fellow forum member to sponsor me for each night, and let me shower @ their place. that's at least 6 people for the roadtrip, then a couple'a days there in the Dallas area. WHEW
It's do-able. just really expensive and hard to do. Maybe I could start a
"Donate to Memo's roadtrip to the Texas Meet" Fund.

Last edited:
memo79 said:
are you sayin' that Chicago's farther from TX than Alaska is?

and sweetcool: the drive wouldn't bother me (I could take a couple of weeks of leave and do it) it's the $$$$ that it would cost. Gas first of all. 30mpg into 4500miles, times an average of $2.00 bucks a gallon, that's $600 in gas alone. not to mention that I gots to eat and sleep. (although I could sleep in the car) I'd just need places to shower. Now you've got the gears in my head rolling. I'd need a fellow forum member to sponsor me for each night, and let me shower @ their place. that's at least 6 people for the roadtrip, then a couple'a days there in the Dallas area. WHEW
It's do-able. just really expensive and hard to do. Maybe I could start a
"Donate to Memo's roadtrip to the Texas Meet" Fund.
actually we offered for those who will be coming from out of state a place to stay here at our house.. if they don't mind kids. we have a 6yrold and a 3 yr old.

we have two showers.. a huge living room... it's like 17X20 or about 340 sqft.. so bring the sleeping bags..lol
i also think it will be cool to see a bunch of P5,msp's,any of the mazda family in front of my house!! everyone would wonder what's up...lol

Last edited:
Back