Turboxs fmic?

So glad I just found this thread, I picked up a used Turbo XS FMIC the other day, and it didn't come with the oil cooler relocation "stuff". If I can just move up the stock oil lines then I'll be good to go. I also have the Cobb SRI so that's another positive.

Never taken the bumper off and that's my main concern right now, and it doesn't appear to be that bad according to Turbo XS' instructions.

I have the TurboXS FMIC. Me and my buddy installed it in about an hour with a good bit of BS'ing. The bumper is an easy thing to get off.. couple of screws and a few bolts..one or two clips around the lights and your good. You can do it by yourself but a little help is definately helpful.

anyone else with this front mount getting alot of smoke after you get on it. I have turboxs turboback exaust the fmic and cobb acess port on the FMIC map. I noticed a boost drop from 19-20 to 14-16, and a ton of smoke after i boost. Anyone else having this problem?

anyone else with this front mount getting alot of smoke after you get on it. I have turboxs turboback exaust the fmic and cobb acess port on the FMIC map. I noticed a boost drop from 19-20 to 14-16, and a ton of smoke after i boost. Anyone else having this problem?

Not I.... Is it the V106 with the tune for the SRI and FMIC Stage 2 ?

Not I.... Is it the V106 with the tune for the SRI and FMIC Stage 2 ?

yea it is. I was thinkin that i have a CAI and not SR could be the problem. But that shouldnt be that much of a difference. Ive been checking oil/coolant levels constantly and nothing seems to be lowering.

I ended up installing a Cobb DP, once I did that the smoke appeared. I got the PT Performance fix and that helped a lot, but recently I upped the idle rpm to 900 and it has been smoke-free for over a week now.

Also, I'm thinking about removing the front honeycomb grill so the FMIC stands out.... any comments? Looking for photos of a red MS3 w/o that grill and a big front mount.

Last edited:
Also, I'm thinking about removing the front honeycomb grill so the FMIC stands out.... any comments? Looking for photos of a red MS3 w/o that grill and a big front mount.
I tried it, used some of the hdr lip stuff to fill in the gaps and cover the mounting tabs. It looked clean, IC really stood out, and imho looked really ricey. I put it back in a week later but did snap some pics.
IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

I'm looking at doing the Exact same as Boosted333

Firstly:

SU Rear Engine Mount
Turbo XS FMIC Kit
Cobb SRI
Cobb AP
Colder Spark Plugs

In the future:

CP-e Catted Downpipe

I'm also stuck with the final choice of keeping or removing the honey comb grille.

kmkm009.jpg

What's your opinion on a BOV? Not to sure with what brand to go. The HKS looks pretty good, what do you think?

Oh, and Turbo XS Boost Controller are you using?

Do you have the Mazdaspeed or the MPS?

Have you had your car on the dyno yet?

I just want to know if there would be any major tuninf involve, when doing any of this, or if I can do all this myself?

After doing intake and exhaust, it is highly recommended to run through proper tuning procedure. The main goal is to recalibrate MAF readings, to be in proper AF ratios and to lessen down KR possibility. You can drive without tuning, but please don't do hard WOTs from 2K on high gears (4-6), prefer pushing the pedal from 3K at least. So you will help your motor to avoid going zoom-zoom-boom.
PS: Do you have MPS? So do I! Cobb AP wouldn't fit you, try Hypertech, it fits european and australian MPS.

So I was told in a previous Thread just now.

I'll also purchase an Dashhawk for A/F Ratios.

How would you say should I be going through tuning?

And where would I be able to get hold of this Hypertech?

After doing intake and exhaust, it is highly recommended to run through proper tuning procedure. The main goal is to recalibrate MAF readings, to be in proper AF ratios and to lessen down KR possibility. You can drive without tuning, but please don't do hard WOTs from 2K on high gears (4-6), prefer pushing the pedal from 3K at least. So you will help your motor to avoid going zoom-zoom-boom.
PS: Do you have MPS? So do I! Cobb AP wouldn't fit you, try Hypertech, it fits european and australian MPS.

Do you have Hypertech???

Hey!
I decided to make custom tune by a local guy. He would modify ecu-map on the fly, according to all my driving wishes. It'd cost me quite a bit, but that guy has good feedback with our motors, so I trust him.
Good luck with modding!

Latest posts

Back