turbo timer help

i need ur help dr. sound i cant get the engine to run while the turbo timer(apexi tt) is counting down. what should i do?

i switched the blue and green wires and it works perfect

What green wire are you talking about? So what you did was switched it from one blue wire to the other blue wire. Correct? And that solved your drop of rpms?

Dr. Sound: So what is the purpose of the red wires? I know right now my radio stays on... if I switch it to the other one does it keep the ac on?

i need ur help dr. sound i cant get the engine to run while the turbo timer(apexi tt) is counting down. what should i do?

have u followed these steps:

2 wires have to be cut.

Cut the pin 6 orange wire at the alarm brain 2 inches up (diagram on bottom of alarm) then take the alarm side of the wire (the side of the wire still connected to the alarm) and tap it into the thick black orange wire coming out of the alarm harness. Then tape up the car side of the orange wire.

Alarm%20Module%20Diagram.jpg

The orange wire going to the alarm control module. That wire gives 12V when the ignition is in the ON position, 0V if not in the ON position. If you cut it then the alarm will always think the car is off (but it doesn't affect the alarm operation otherwise).

Cut blue/white wire at keyless module. The alarm is not armed by itself, it is alarmed by the remote door locking system. That sensor is located behind the back seats right about in the center underneath the plastic that is below the back window. It is very close to the seats so all you have to to is put down the seats, take out the little plastic pieces that hold the plastic cover and just fold it up a bit. Cut and properly insulate the engine side of the blue/white wire. All that wire does is provide the 12V when your ignition is in the ON position, and 0V when not. So by cutting both your remote door lock and your alarm will never know if the engine is running and you can activate them anytime (including when the car is running down using the turbo timer).

What green wire are you talking about? So what you did was switched it from one blue wire to the other blue wire. Correct? And that solved your drop of rpms?

Dr. Sound: So what is the purpose of the red wires? I know right now my radio stays on... if I switch it to the other one does it keep the ac on?
red wire i power.
i dont know why it's different for some people.....
steve, can u chime in and see what's up? .....god, it's been ages since i've done a TT install (i used to do them for friends at least once a week :p)

BTW, wass crackin steve!!? how u been man :)
u coming to nevada next weekend?

red wire i power.
i dont know why it's different for some people.....
steve, can u chime in and see what's up? .....god, it's been ages since i've done a TT install (i used to do them for friends at least once a week :p)

BTW, wass crackin steve!!? how u been man :)
u coming to nevada next weekend?

dude i have no idea why he's having the issue... maybe i should snap some pics of mine... although it might be hard to see because have my wires all ziptied out of the way...

I've been good Vic, I havnt driven the MSP for almost a month now because i've been traveling... I just had shoulder surgery about a week ago now too so it'll be another 2 weeks before i can drive stick again safely. I'd love to goto Nevada but I'm not in any condition to with my arm all jacked up, i'm typing with only one hand right now!

hey, be careful what you do. i installed my greddy, everything electronic worked fine but it wouldnt idle. The previous owner had a tt but it was reconnected wrong when he took it out. when i reconnected mine it messed it up. costly mistake just watch out. :rolleyes:

o yea if you are having alarm problems after the instally there is another module in the rear of the car... just a heads up

Same thing...almost dies when turn key off..

I too have to rev the motor before I turn the car off, to keep the motor running while the timer is timing.
I have the apexi TT and this is how I wired it...tell me if its wrong:

I did:

Blue wire off TT --->black/white on car #5
Green wire TT --->Blue wire on car #2
Red Wire TT --->Red #3

Timerwirediagram.jpg

I tried switching the blue and green like someone had mentioned on the forum but that didnt work. My timer would time when I started the car....like that. Anyhow If anyone could help me out and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Back