Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

alright, heres a little gay update since its been awhile since i posted pics.

mind u i still have a lot of work to do on these and they are nowhere near perfect..

used evercoat body filler if anyone wanted to know. just make sure u are applying filler to bare etched metal or to existing filler...
4399900360_03e2219662_b.jpg

4399901296_9af120058a_b.jpg

4399902156_36ed32cc7d_b.jpg

and just a random pic after etching the metal. i will probably skim the whole firewall to make sure it is straight, but i still have to do my inner fenders and reweld my filler piece for the hole from the old steering.

then ill be fitting a engine and looking to build a custom turbo mani and exhaust and getting a new driveline fabbed up! :thumbs up
4399135951_ca5d8c0fb3_b.jpg

You have my greatest respect for doing everything by yourself!
thank u!(first)

its a lost art. but a decent amount of us minitruckers and quite a few of my friends build all of their own stuff..

its just metal. it makes u take ur time and learn things the right way so u dont have to waste time and money to redo them..

plus its fun knowing every inch of your whole vehicle and where everything is and how it operates..

Grind, Grind, Grind, Fill, Fill, Fill, Sand, Sand, Sand.

Repeat

-Derrick

durn even though most of the pics are blocked for me here at work... the ones that were hosted with imageshack look awesome!!! ill have to wait till i go home to see the rest

cool man. thanks for the info. i really had no idea what brand to get or what was good or not.

much appreciated!

Mazda uses the 3m stuff when they assemble the cars for the sheet metal seams.

I used the stuff when I put a new core support in my 323 after doing the welding.

well, i had some trouble with my bank and letting me make an international order for the front clip, but i finally got it all figured out, so the clip is in transit as we speak(its about time).

also, i ordered a chrome front bumper. i have wanted one of these for awhile now, and found one for a really good deal, so i jumped on it.

i was really after a stock hood since mine is all cut up from the body drop to fit the stock engine, but now that imma have a rotary in there i can run a stock hood again with no clearance issues.

anywho, the hood i found was really inexpensive, but the shipping was a bit much for me right now, so i said **** it and ordered the bumper instead..(headbang)

good to know..

what did u use to apply it with? a brush or did u just use ur finger?

There are two ways to do it. #1 is to buy the overprices applicator squirt gun or #2 mix it and wear vinyl glove and got he finger route.

I did the second method.

So i called around today to see how much a custom turbo mani would be to bring the turbo in front of the engine since i am pretty sure i am going to run into clearance issues with the frame rails and the turbo mani...

one shop quoted me $1500.... and everyone else says $75/hr plus materials and a tig welding charge...

soooo, ill prolly be building my own, so i guess thats another thing i will have to tackle. if anyone has any advice or knows any place that would fab one cheaper please lemme know!

Latest posts

Back