Turbo Protege 5 at Flyin' Miata

FM: What are the chances of you guys going with larger injectors and some kind of computer controlled system...and of course, ditching the FMU?

Re: Link.
We just figured out that Spoolin' was using the Turbolink, not the Miata Link on his car. That makes a lot more sense. I suspect we will end up with a similar setup to our Miata kits - a starter version that uses the AFPR and supports around 8 psi, and a more expensive kit that uses electronics, extra injectors and runs around 12. Look at our Miata kits for an idea of prices.

This is dependent on how the rest of the car holds up. We don't like blowing up engines and trannies, so we'll stop short of that point. The boost limit of our FM II Miata kit is not dictated by the turbo system, but by the strength of the bottom end.

Re: test MP3s.
We DO need a test MP3. There's not a big difference between the engines, but I for one want the opportunity to get the MP3 on the dyno and properly instrumented. Stutters, let me know when you're coming over.

Keith

Keith@FM said:

Re: test MP3s.
We DO need a test MP3. There's not a big difference between the engines, but I for one want the opportunity to get the MP3 on the dyno and properly instrumented. Stutters, let me know when you're coming over.

Keith

Email signed, sent and delivered...

Back