turbo/na exhaust ?

2003proes

:
2003 Mazda Protege ES
the exhaust systems are the same for both cars correct? like if i were to buy a manga flow for a msp and put it on my na it would be the same right?

2003proes said:
the exhaust systems are the same for both cars correct? like if i were to buy a manga flow for a msp and put it on my na it would be the same right?

Yup...Just don't order the P5 system..it's shorter than the sedan...

the two magnaflow systems will bolt up the same, but they are actually different. the turbo system does not have a resonator, while the NA system does.

15804 is the turbo system
15751 is the NA system

Attachments

• 15804.jpg
    15804.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 666
  • 15751.jpg
    15751.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 672
how much is a bit? i don't want to sound ricey and i don't want it to be as loud as my truck was with dual flowmasters, but i would like a little growl as i'm accelerating. would the mazdaspeed axle back be a better choice?

i have the mazdaspeed axelback from the dealer...its the one that most people complain about with the noise on the freeways...but I'm running headers, one cat, and that muffler and it sounds nice to me...not ricey but growly enough i should say. and the noise at around 3k where people complain about it, i dont notice it.

stupid question i know...but does anyone know how loud the non-resonated magnaflow catback or the mazdaspeed axleback is on the na? and does anyone or could anyone point me in the direction of a sound clip?

just got the k&n typhoon and wanting to get the header soon too.

I have a maganflow without resonator on my MP3. I just had a friend drive it up and down the street for me so I could hear what it sounds like outside the car. I have a Injen CAI.

At cruising RPM you can't hear the exhaust until the car is about 30-40 feet from you (approaching) and then a slight grumble as it passes.

It's slightly louder with a calm acceleration.

At WOT (wide open throttle) It's louder than the intake, but not by much. It's gets you noticed if you want to be noticed. (does that make sense?)

It's really one of the best sounding exhausts you can get. Our torque built motors, along with this setup, you will definately be happy. No rice at all, and I mean none. It's a deep throaty tone for the entire RPM run. I also have a friend that has a P5 and he installed just a magnaflow muffler and left the stock resonator. He was very disappointed because you couldn't hear the muffler at all, unless he was hard on the throttle. Even then it was bearely above stock dB. He ended up going back to the muffler shop and having them remove the resonator, it's much better now.

Back