"Turbo" decal?

blkcherimika said:
Here's ours. Auto Zone - $6.00 * RDX version on order.

O.K.! RDX version arrived today and is now affixed. Looks great to me! Got it on eBAY - quickly shipped & in factory-sealed packaging for about 13.00 total with shipping.

Here's the eBay info:

strsmnky( 953)
2007 Acura RDX "TURBO" Emblem NEW (290102196659)​

Will post photo tomorrow.

blkcherimika said:
O.K.! RDX version arrived today and is now affixed. Looks great to me! Got it on eBAY - quickly shipped & in factory-sealed packaging for about 13.00 total with shipping.

Here's the eBay info:

strsmnky( 953)
2007 Acura RDX "TURBO" Emblem NEW (290102196659)​

Will post photo tomorrow.

got this today. a great find. thx! (cool)

HeavyH20 said:
Right where we have been putting the turbo badge:

4wdtx3.jpg

OMG you guys are out of control. Turbo badges? 4WD badges? You gonna put a "2.4T" badge on it too? (confused)

Seriously, it's not even "4WD", it's "AWD".

Psychobroker said:
OMG you guys are out of control. Turbo badges? 4WD badges? You gonna put a "2.4T" badge on it too? (confused)

The turbo badge is pimp... (drive2) but I do agree with you on the 4WD badge... It should not be on this vehicle.

optic said:
The turbo badge is pimp... (drive2) but I do agree with you on the 4WD badge... It should not be on this vehicle.

Were it not for a lease, I'd gladly debadge the RDX and sell you my Turbo badge (smash)

optic said:
Already have one... Got it from Protege Garage. Good price and great service (headbang)

thanks :) i just got a new batch in and may run a special if people are interested.

Psychobroker said:

Well, that picture is of a stock Japanese CX-7. So, Mazda put that sucker there and it is their marchitecture to call it 4WD.

Psychobroker said:

It's a 2.3T if i'm not mistaken.

HeavyH20 said:
Well, that picture is of a stock Japanese CX-7. So, Mazda put that sucker there and it is their marchitecture to call it 4WD.

Yeah, but you're not in Japan and that still doesn't make it "4WD".

Psychobroker said:
Yeah, but you're not in Japan and that still doesn't make it "4WD".

Yes, but I have no interest in the 4WD badge. Also, 4WD and AWD are essentially the same, no? Here in the US we assume 4WD means we can lock the hubs and go. AWD is two axles with limited slip at best, but all 4 wheels are active. Pretty much the same. Probably get flamed for this, but 4 wheels with torque is 4WD, no? We cannot assume that the US definition (or yours) of 4WD precludes that the Mazda is not a 4WD capable vehicle. But, they were smart enough to market the CX-7 stateside as AWD. So, they appear to be aware of the unique US definition.

Last edited:
I just recently received a survey from Mazda, and one of the questions was do you wish your CX-7 have the 4/AWD badging if it so equipped. Guess, Mazda is thinking about putting the badge on the car, perhaps starting with 2008?

HeavyH20 said:
Yes, but I have no interest in the 4WD badge. Also, 4WD and AWD are essentially the same, no? Here in the US we assume 4WD means we can lock the hubs and go. AWD is two axles with limited slip at best, but all 4 wheels are active. Pretty much the same. Probably get flamed for this, but 4 wheels with torque is 4WD, no? We cannot assume that the US definition (or yours) of 4WD precludes that the Mazda is not a 4WD capable vehicle. But, they were smart enough to market the CX-7 stateside as AWD. So, they appear to be aware of the unique US definition.

Killer said:

Accurate comment considering that bigger is not better (at least in the badge world). And, Killer is one who would remove every badge possible, not add. :)

I, for one, looked at the Porsche copy badges, but they were way too big, did not match font or thickness and looked like an Autozone add-on. I really like the Acura badge since it is the same thickness, a very close font and is very small. It did not scream "turbo" like the big badge, it stated it a little more subtly. Just, FYI, "the CX-7 has a turbo" instead of "TURBO CX-7 here !!!!"

Last edited:
Oh I meant to say this earlier, but I just put mine on 2 days ago and had not even had it on for 24 hours before I got some guy in a new WRX with a LOUD BOV revving and poppin his bov at me. (lol) weirdos...

Then my friend gave me crap for having the badge when it "doesn't warrant it because all CX-7s are turbo, so it's not like a turbo porsche which deserves to wear the badge". But what does he know--he has a bunch of Mazdaspeed miata accessories on his '01 LS miata! (lol)

Back