Tuner Jargon (defenitions of acronyms and terms many of us don't understand)

spicymspvt19

:
Spicy Orange Mazdaspeed Protege #1439
(huh)I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread started for those of us who find it difficult to understand some of the advanced users . I would like the advanced users to think of and add more acronyms and/or terms to the list everytime they think of one.

For example one could be: FMIC= Front Mount Intercooler. This cools the high temp, pressurized air coming from your turbo before it enters your intake manifold into your engine. By cooling the air the air is more dense with oxygen molecules allowing for more horsepower to be produced.

correct me if that's wrong as well as other users so that we can ensure that new people (like me) get the most knowledge out of their initial visits to the site simply by reading this if they have questions regarding a term or acronym.

If you are a new person feel free to post a acronym or term you are having difficulty understanding.

If you are a person who has been around a while feel free to answer and or add terms and acronyms when you think of them.

Some starter terms: Megasquirt, Wideband,LSD, and others if some one else thinks of some

thanks (headbang)

Back