traction bars

fe=iron

:
02 Mazda Protege5> 2.0 5 speed
Has anyone seen a traction bar set-up for the p5? I searched breifly, then gave up. I decided I'd more than likely have to make one. I removed the front motor mount and cross member. I replaced it with a bar between the tow hooks and made a solid mount. I was planning on making a honda style set-up. But I started to think and that solid adjustable bar has to be hard on 'a' arm bushings. So just a thought, instead if I used a heavy duty shock, would it help traction enough to justify doing it?

I thought traction bars were something you put on solid axle RWD cars on leafspring suspension.

Are you talking about something to limit movement of the engine? Are you getting too much wheel hop or something? In my own experience, the easiest way to eliminate wheel hop is to replace stock engine mounts with solid urethane mounts.

In the Protege workshop manual, there is mention of a "roll damper" that connects to the front engine mount. Judging by the name and appearance, it's designed to limit engine movement and presumably improve traction. However, I don't have this roll damper on my car so I don't know if it's an option or if it's only found on certain models.

traction bar will be good after i boost mines. got one in my 525hp street civic and it made a big diff

im pretty sure the shop here will be willing to make one for my p5 and maybe sell some to members

Don't most people get stiffer mounts for traction and wheel hop?

Sub for more info for anything traction related

there was one guy that made one for his car.. he never did anything after though. i really wanted a setup. it helps.

I run two solid mounts and three extra braces.no wheel hop, but under acceleration the body lifts reducing traction, and I'm sure it has to eat some power transfer. I've ran trac bars on honda's, they make huge differences. Just throwing it out there, get some interest drummed up, maybe someone will run off and make us some lol. I'm just gonna fab my own. But am undecided about what method. Leaning heavy on a shock set-up.

On the king6fab bars that's nice looking, but picture the car hitting a bump when the car body slams down the bar does not give, whichs mean the lower bushings take all the force. Also at high speeds bumps make u float, no suspension travel. That's why I'm saying some sort of shcok\coil over set-up would be amazing, seeing as it would not limit as much. But it also has it's down sides, because it would not be as affective as a solid bar.

Back