torque spec on bolts

ohioan

:
Ms3, silver gt
Where is there a site (or is there one) that we can find the torque specs of certain bolts? I'm looking for the front sway bar end links in particular.

not yellow posted what I was looking for in another thread, but where do you find all the specs?

Ok, how about these bolts?

On page three

The "mount bolt", cradle bolts, and the subframe bolt.

Anyone got that?
Names from your PDF
"Front Subframe bolt" - 63.66-85.99 ft-lbs
"Rear subframe bolts" - The two small ones: 13.8-18.8 ft-lbs
The big guy - 134.5-182.1 ft-lbs

Attachments

• crossmember.jpg
    crossmember.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 998
What the hell are you looking at.. I see 18~25# for the front endlink..

If you look at the pic sport 6 posted, it's the bolt on the very bottom left. 134.5-182.1 ft-lbs.

Has anyone done this install yet? How to you get that much torque with the room you have? With impact only, or is it possible with the wrench?

Oh, and the endlink should be 13.8-18.8 right? The way the key describes it, it's "N-m (kgf-m, ft-lbs)" So the ft-lbs should be the last set of numbers, right?

I think I torqued my endlink nuts @ 40ft-lbs! Oh boy

If you look at the pic sport 6 posted, it's the bolt on the very bottom left. 134.5-182.1 ft-lbs.

Has anyone done this install yet? How to you get that much torque with the room you have? With impact only, or is it possible with the wrench?

You can use an impact gun on the subframe...

IIRC my front endlinks are at ~20#... The should be tight, but not so tight that you strip the allen key trying to take them back off..

Back