to the FMIC guys, this may be a dumb question...

please humor me..

do you guys inherit any turbo lag when installing the front mount intercoolers? back when we were trying to dial in a turbo chev v8 with an intercooler, it was a big deal to try to match it up properly to keep the boost up, and turbo lag to a minimum.

kind of made it a pain to tune, in my opinion.. but fun, always had to go out and put it under a load... (all carburetors, timing lights and vacuum gauges those days)...

the TMIC seems perfect to keep the boost up and give some cooling on the way to the intake...

yes there is turbo lag. The amount depends on the kit you buy. In my case, I got the cpe fmic kit. The hotside piping is 2.25" so it pressurizes fast, and the cold side is 2.5" so it gets out of the intercooler and into the TB fast. CPE claims like 200-400rpm lag compared to stock but to be honest, with how quick the little k04 spools(too fast for it's own good and the motors) I cannot even notice it. now with a kit like atp for instance or turbo xs where the piping is larger and the core is larger there will be increased lag, but even still most dont really notice much.

as far as matching it to boost levels and whatnot I know nothing and i think whatever kit you buy thats made for the ms3 will be fine unless you start making huge power then you may get more picky about what to use.

the corksport, theres obvious turbo lag, but with our turbo, you BARELY feel a difference... i pull harder on the highway and i guess i wait longer for it.. but i dont notice it at all, especially when it finally spools :)

Yea i really notice no difference the only difference i felt was power difference did notice a lil more power especially in the summer. I have the cpe if it helps.

the corksport eliminated most of the turbo lag gained too becuase of the addition of the inlet pipe and short ram air intake.. at least thats how i see it

Latest posts

Back