TO: Anyone who removed the MP3 stereo

hihoslva

I'm a P5 owner looking for some advice.

I'm soon to change the stock deck in my P5 to a Kenwood MP3/CD (NOT the Z919 or Z828) ad have a question about the wiring.

If anyone who owns an MP3 has removed their Kenwood, is there a custoim wiring harness for the deck?

I (as well as every other P5 owner I've spoken to) can't find a wiring harness to fit the P5 - they just aren't out there yet. Most of us who change the deck wind up fooling with the stock car harness, i.e. soldering pins onto the new deck's wires to then slip them into the slots of the car's harness, or - worse yet - clipping the harness out of the car and going wire-to-wire.

I do know the wiring specs for the car. I just want to know if the Z919 or Z828 have a harness that fits. I find it hard to believe that eiher Kenwood or Mazda would re-wire everything fo a direct connection - it's much more cost-effective (for both) to design a harness with a Mazda side and a Kenwood side.

All I need is the Mazda side!!

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Mazda had a few template wire harnesses made that went it to the MP3's you maybe able to get one from Mazda. I have already spoke to scotche and Metra on this and they both said that its not worth making it until they no Mazda's not just going to change it again next year. You could just run new wires from the column for power, ignition, and ground and use the factory wires for the speakers. I ahve some pictures of the harnes we have if you want them.

I just put a new head unit in my ES and tried looking for the harness. It's non existant even the parts manager at the dealership i work for said the only way to get the connectors is to buy the body harness for the control panel area. I can get you the schematics if you want them...becareful if you use the mazda factory books, the diagrams for the front speakers are backwards both postive-negative and left-right.

Latest posts

Back