tmic vs dp accessport question

zx2man

:
2009 mazdaspeed 3
So....more than likly my next mod is a catted downpipe so ican run stage 2. But sometimes I feel like I dont wanna mess around with my downpipe,And knowing that a tmic upgrade like the ets would be easier too. If i added say the ETS 3.25 in tmic to my current mods and then ran a custom tune on my accessport on top of that, would that be just as good power-pull wise as if I did the downpipe stage 2?...just carious...all opinions welcomed.(boobs)

The comparable gains between a DP and a TMIC aren't comparable.

The MAX gains that a DP can give a speed3 are absolutely absurd. The DP shifts the power curve (you reach original stock peak torque over 1500 rpm sooner), has peak gains of around 20 whp, and 40 ft/lbs, and MAX gains of 35 whp and 50 ft/lbs. (these numbers are based on the CPE Catless DP)

I have a SU TMIC myself, and it did give me a noticeable gain in the upper range, but it's still no Downpipe. Of course you can't uninstall a DP in 10 minutes. :)

Yeah the downpipe will give you more power no question. TMIC is super easy to install though. Depends on your situation. If you don't mind the install / hassle then go for the DP. TMIC will give you around 20 whp while the downpipe will give you at least 30ish on a stocker.

The comparable gains between a DP and a TMIC aren't comparable.

The MAX gains that a DP can give a speed3 are absolutely absurd. The DP shifts the power curve (you reach original stock peak torque over 1500 rpm sooner), has peak gains of around 20 whp, and 40 ft/lbs, and MAX gains of 35 whp and 50 ft/lbs. (these numbers are based on the CPE Catless DP)

I have a SU TMIC myself, and it did give me a noticeable gain in the upper range, but it's still no Downpipe. Of course you can't uninstall a DP in 10 minutes. :)

Well.....SIR....I can. lol.

One guy getting those nuts off of the turbo exhaust studs, getting the 02 sensors off and wrestling that thing out of those tight quarters all in 10 minutes? I'd like to see that. Not saying impossible, but just really skeptical.

Yeah, video please!

Oh, BTW: DP/RP combo gains all across the power band are huge, even without a tune and are well worth the hassle.

Back