Tires

vexxy

:
04 RX8
As has been mentioned innumerable times in this forum, the tires that come stock (with the 18" rims) are sucky. Because I take turns fast (one of the joys of having an RX8) my tires are almost shot and I need to buy new ones. I am completely tire retarded and have no idea where to start. I live in FL where it never snows, but it rains every 15 minutes. Does anyone here have some recommendations for me? I do not want another set of the crap they sold to me and am not sure if I should take it to the dealer and tell them I want different tires, or should I just take it someplace and have it done? Thanks.

FWIW, I like my BFG KDWs. They look good, are pretty sticky and although I don't recall the tread wear rating, they seem to be wearing decently. Like you mentioned, I like to corner but not to the point where I'm scrubbing them every other turn. They're also pretty quiet and ride OK. Basically no complaints, but I don't have alot to compare to.

I got mine at discount tire direct as well. I am super happy with their product, Price and service.

I really like the prices I see on that site, but once I got them in the mail I wouldn't know the first thing to do with them. (ie, getting them on the rim). How did you do it?

Last edited:
I'm going to get the new Azenis for mine. Yes they may wear out twice as fast, but they are half as expensive and will give better performance than the stock RE040's imo.

Back