Tire Reviews - Post your experience

Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs 195/60/14 EXTREME SUMMER

Had them on for 1,000mi now. They were $334 after $50 mail-in rebate.

Pros: Sticks like absolute glue. Very hard to slide the tail out around town. I can take onramps at 20mph+ higher than I could with all-seasons. Best tires I ever had. Handles the wet stuff better than my old all-seasons. And they look meaty as hell
25474_1252592400590_1402947049_30625450_5926677_n.jpg

Cons: ~15,000mi life expectancy. Road noise is more noticeable but not nearly as annoying as everyone says.

Hands down the best 14" tire available

Last edited:
Kumho Ecsta SPT 225/45 -18

Pros: Good grip on dry and wet road, comprable to OEM potenzas, CHEAP!!!! Probably good treadwear if a bad alignment didn't kill them

Cons: A little noisy, but not too bad.

Overall: Put around 20k miles on them, I'm sure they would have made it to 30 if I bothered to get my alignment done when I lowered the car, but I was an idiot and didn't. Bad rear negative camber tore them up. Would recommend them to anyone.

Just bought put on Hankook Ventus V12 EVO's, I'll give a review once I have a few more miles. And yes... I did get my alignment fixed

Just bought put on Hankook Ventus V12 EVO's, I'll give a review once I have a few more miles. And yes... I did get my alignment fixed

Been running these for 4k miles now, took em on about a 1200 mile round trip to San Fransisco a few weeks ago too. Handled like a champ!

Hankook Ventus v12 Evo 225/40/18
Pros: Above average braking power/distance, quiet, superb midrange performance tire versus cost, above average wet conditions performer.
Cons: A little soft, only average dry track grip, life expectancy reported as average. Tread life experience myself, TBD.

As far as cons, that is mostly due to what i have read. Personally i havent felt a single con so far. the imprecise feeling of being "too soft" i hvaent felt yet and have done a few canyon runs... I will be tracking these tires in two weeks. Additionally, they CANNOT be beat for price versus performance value. they finish 2nd overall, but first in many catagories for Car&Driver testing. So far, i have nothing but a positive experience for spirited daily driver, long distance driving, wet condition driving, and canyons. Track test experience soon!

Article - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...mparison_tests/hankook_ventus_v12_evo_page_10
Best in Test - http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezf...lication/0706c599ac2062b5edded8e6c0951cf5.pdf

Ordered a set of 225/40/18 Kumho Ectsa ASXs, should have them installed Friday. Review to follow.

What tire would you guys recommend for someone looking for a good performance tire that will last for a decent amount of time and that will also be fairly quite.

my dads ms6 tires are on cords now and needs tires ASAP.

i did read a few reviews but i just wanted to bump this to see if there was something else you guys liked better.

What tire would you guys recommend for someone looking for a good performance tire that will last for a decent amount of time and that will also be fairly quite.

my dads ms6 tires are on cords now and needs tires ASAP.

i did read a few reviews but i just wanted to bump this to see if there was something else you guys liked better.

This is a great tire for the $$$. I put a set of them on my Speed6 wheels for my daughter's 6i.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...oYear=2007&autoModel=MazdaSpeed6&autoModClar=

Replying to post from MR S6 on the first page:

Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport
Pro: Decent price, paid $154 each, good good wet and dry traction. Took them auto-Xsing and they felt really good. Really smooth at high speeds and very quiet.

Con: None so far, I really like them.

I agree, and would add, based on experience with 2006 MS6, size 225/45ZR18 (+10mm):
Pros: The RE760 Sports lasted roughly 20 - 25% longer than OEM Potenza RE050A's, and about 10-15% longer than the Potenza S-03 Pole Positions I had in between.

Con: OEM tires sucked by comparison to the more predictable and smoother ride on S-03's, but the biggest benefit was the higher grip on both the S-03's (discontinued I think) and the RE760s.

My favorite was the S-03's, but they lasted only 23k miles with frequent rotation and almost all highway miles. I am at 25.5k miles now on the 760's and am down to the wear bars.

Has anyone tried a 225/50vr18 on stock rims and suspension to get better top speed and highway mileage? Thanks!

Last edited:
My second time buying these tires there Fierce Instincts if anyone has ever heard of them. 215/45ZR/18 All season tires. Great experience with these tires no problems. Good looking tread pattern too. Hug the road great, hardly any road noise.

Looking to pay about 130-150 for the tires and ZR tires only last about 40000 miles because of the soft tread

Just replaced Pirelli PZero Nero all-seasons with Goodyear Eagle GT (W) all-seasons. The first thing I noticed was how much quieter the Goodyears are and a much smoother ride. The Pirelli's only lasted me about 25K miles.

I had those.
Didn't last too long either.

Now I have some neuron nt5000's, kinda loud but for 400 bucks I don't give a s*** lol.

Back