Time to upgrade clutch???

So basically my mp5 engine mod list is: header to full custom exhaust, CAI intake, vtcs removal, lightened pulleys, and aftermarket camshafts. So to get my question going, this does not happen all the time but sometimes. Basically ill pound my car in first gear and when i go to shift to second to continue pounding it, my second gear has a slight grind. YES i am pushing the clutch all the way in and going to second before i let off the clutch. My thought is that the stock clutch cant keep up with the quick shifting. so im thinking its time to go stage 1 hope this question makes sense. Please no smart ass comments or slams.

Why don't you shift slower?

If you are going into the trans why not go with a stage 2 or 3?

Also could you tell us your current mileage?

If you're grinding going into second it more than likely means your synchronizers are starting to go. If your clutch was going, it would show up as slippage while you are already in gear and accelerating.

Clutch, flywheel, LSD, upgraded gears. Might as well do it all. Plus aren't you planning on boosting? Save and collect and do it once

Wait until the clutch is worn/slipping.

Go easy on it until then, eh?

Your mods do not exceed the capability of a clutch in good condition. [rolls eyes]

redline or royal purple diff fluid should help, but it sounds like a bad synchro to me... clutches slip not grind, and if it was a bad bearing it would do it in every gear or at random...

If you're grinding going into second it more than likely means your synchronizers are starting to go. If your clutch was going, it would show up as slippage while you are already in gear and accelerating.

+1

Tired stock synchros can't keep up with your "pounding." Leave the clutch alone. Shift slower. There's no glory in the stop light grand prix.

idk, its hard to explain, doesnt really feel like its in my tranny, i think im going to check my shifter bushing this weekend

Do you have a short shifter? It could be that the plate is rubbing against the tunnel.

Back