Time for new brakes

JOSER_SPEED6

:
2014 Mazda 6 Touring
Just had the oil changed at the Dealer and they told me my brakes are 40% in the front and 30% in the rear. So I am looking at changing them soon. Since I'll also be getting new wheels, I am looking at Cermic brakes mainly for the lesses brake dust. I was looking at HAWK HPS Brake pads. Part #HB656F.684 and HB657F.667

Has anyone used HAWK Pads on there CX-9 or does anyone reccommend another brand?

Thanks.

I've used Hawk HPS pads on other vehicles, but not the CX-9. I liked them for the application I used them for, not too sure about on the CX-9 though. I think they're better suited for higher temperature than stock use applications. HPS pads aren't ceramic BTW, they're ferro-carbon pads, and will likely make more noise than you're used to from the stock pads. Their cold temperature initial bite won't be as good either. Unless you were unhappy with something about the stock pads, I wouldn't suggest using higher performance pads, unless you know exactly what to expect from them. I made that mistake once on my wife's previous vehicle, and learned the hard way that she valued very different things from her brakes than I do.

I've used Hawk HPS pads on other vehicles, but not the CX-9. I liked them for the application I used them for, not too sure about on the CX-9 though. I think they're better suited for higher temperature than stock use applications. HPS pads aren't ceramic BTW, they're ferro-carbon pads, and will likely make more noise than you're used to from the stock pads. Their cold temperature initial bite won't be as good either. Unless you were unhappy with something about the stock pads, I wouldn't suggest using higher performance pads, unless you know exactly what to expect from them. I made that mistake once on my wife's previous vehicle, and learned the hard way that she valued very different things from her brakes than I do.

Thanks for the info, but I looked up the Hawk pads I was looking at (HB657F.667) and they are listed as ceramic. The only reason I am going ceramic is for the lower brake dust not so much for the performace of it. Since I dont have time to wash cars every weekend ususally only get time once a month I don't want my new wheels to take start looking dull or faded since they are matt black.

Back