Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick BOOM! Lifters ticking?

well it was about 1.5 months ago, i had like 89 k, now i have 95k, everything seems fine, car runs good. i remember i raced my friend last year, he has an 08 honda accord 4 cylinder, he destroyed me. now since then i replaced a fuel pump, intake manifold, and a throttle and i destroyed him, made me happy : )

so my wife took my car in today. the dipshit i talked to yesterday to set up the appointment failed to enter me in the computer so they had to squeeze my car in and they didnt get around to looking at it today. but on a good note. my wife made the service rep go for a ride with her when she dropped it off and showed her the noise and how to recreate it. and the lady said if the mechanics say they cant get the car to do it, she herself will take them for a ride and show it to them. made of win!

so i heard back from the dealership today. said it was a "leaking engine mount." dont know what an engine mount could leak, but whatever. i didnt get a chance to pick up the car before the shop closed so i have to wait till tomorrow for the actual verdict and if what they fixed worked.

hmmh interesting, mine made some sound too but not ticking, it was like metal hittin metal sound, they said it was a broken engine mount.... so they replaced it, sound went away

Wow...if only my dealer could offer any explanation instead of "that's normal." Oh well, as long as you guys are running good then I'm all for it!

My parking brake broke the other day when I got home from trying to get the dealer to fix my busted front windows and the passenger's that leaks because of the busted motor. Oh well, I'm gonna have to bring it in for the parking brake so maybe they'll fix something for once. I might mention checking the motor mount but he'll probably tell me it's a waste of their time again.

Yep, car's only 1 year old June 23, 2009. Bought it June 23, 2008 83 miles on the ODO.

So far Mazda has thrown in an extended warranty for free, 72 month/72,000 miles. Not what I wanted, I actually asked for a full refund first then that was part of the fix all my problems before I sue you settlement.

Sadly it started 2 years BEFORE the warranty will run out so it's actually a 4 year/36,000 mile extended on top of 2 years/29,000 miles left on the factory warranty.
they always find a way to jip me but it's alright, 4yr/36K is better than nothing right?

Why are you using the parking brake, it's an auto.
Unless you live on a hill or work on a hill, you should barely use it.

How did it break? Cable snapped?

Why are you using the parking brake, it's an auto.
Unless you live on a hill or work on a hill, you should barely use it.

How did it break? Cable snapped?
I always use the parking brake when I park it. Maybe two clicks but that's all it needs.

Button got stuck inside it. Looks like an uncircumcised penis.

so i got my car back and all was good for the first few days. then the noise started to come back, slowly. now its back in full force. the dealership called to check up on the car and i told them that the noise was back. so now i get to take it back in for them to check it again. if they replace the motor mount again. i'm gonna shake my head in disgust when they are not looking (dont want to piss off the people who are trying to fix my car). i hope round two plays out better.

round two did not play out better. not did they try to charge me 120 bucks for telling me an issue i already knew (exhaust hangers broken) and told them when i dropped off the car, but some douche bag hit my car while in their parking lot.

but not all was fail. they also mentioned that a weld was broken on the exhaust. which from what i have been told could cause the tick i have. now the issue is to get to the broken weld which is on top of the exhaust pipe between the headers and the cat (fyi, i have an aftermarket exhaust on). so the real issue i have now is to find a header gasket cause the only way to get to the weld and fix it is to remove the headers and unbolt the exhaust just before the cat. so if anyone knows where i can get a header gasket for a 2.3l engine, that would be super. i have googled it and have come up with nothing.

so, another update. put lucas oil stabilizer in with my last oil change (two days ago) and the tick has quieted a lot. almost gone a lot (but still there). reading through 'Popular Mechanics: Complete Car Care Manual' and the kind of noise i am getting can be caused by a bad main-bearing. are those known to go bad with these engines? or is there another internal issue that it is most likely to be?

nope. not trying to cover up the sound. just trying to prove its coming from something inside the engine. and maybe some ideas on what it could be.

Hi guys I know I'm bringing up an older thread, but I have a 2004 mazda 3 with the 2.0l engine. Its developed the ticking sound that been described in this thread.

I want to isolate the inlet manifold/VTCS to be either the problem or not, but I cant work out when to disconnect the VTCS.

I've watched the youtube video when someone disconnects the wiring loom on the top of the inlet manifold but mine doesn't have those connectors.

Are they located somewhere else, or is there another way to isolate the problem?

Conrods

*sighs* - my 2,3 sedan is my best car to date. And now the conrods started knocking and it turns out i need a new engine. the car is practically new! Wish these posts were available when i was car shopping. There are plenty of posts on the web now about the same problem.

It better be covered by warrantee....

Only if you don't properly lube them...a bottle of vaseline does the trick every time! lol

I could see the commercial now..."does your car have random ticks and squeaks? does your engine need to be lubricated more frequently than you want it to be? Does your fanbelt squeal? Then add some jelly into that belly and put a full bottle of Vaseline in your gas tank every fill up! Apply some to the belts, hoses, and other miscellaneous parts of your car! Is that lifter driving you insane? Silence it forever with an industrial sized bottle of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly! Guaranteed to take the squeak out of your car's peak."
Ahhh, the lawsuits they would have...

Ahahahaha thats hilarious!(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)(rlaugh)

Back