Thule snow tire chains

I would guess any chains would be a no-no. Not enough clearance, even with stock wheels/tires. However, I'm in North Florida, so I don't know. I'd say consult the manual.

Pretty sure the manual explicitly states "do not use tire chains," but I could be wrong.

ah... just about to grab the manual... sorry to post without checking the manual first.

thanx for not spanking me ! :)

the manual states to only use "genuine Mazda tire chains"... it didn't distinguish between AT/MT...

you could get some smaller 16's and then use snow chains. Granted, just getting snow tires would make more sense at that point, but you could...

I have dedicated snow tires and wheels, I'm in New England and have no problems.

I couldn't get chains on my wife's GT with the 17" so, there's little hope of getting them on ours with 18" and a drop. There just wasn't any room to work. Get 16s and snow tires and call it done.

DO NOT BUY CHAINS. suck it up and purchase 4 (not 2) 16 / 17 inch steelies and snow tires. i got it done for $200 on ebay and craigslist. our car on stock potenzas is a deathwish in snow.

OP, I have a dedicated set on some old 626 wheels that I picked up for pretty cheap. They are rashed up but would clean up well with say a coat of flat black and they balance out just fine. They have General Altimax studdables that were used twice. I am moving and don't want to take 'em with me. You can have first shot at them if you want before I put 'em up for sale. Just IM me if interested.

I would be much more inclined to use cables than chains...though if it were me I'd just get a nice set of snow tires. (dunno)

I used them on my MS3 and they work fine. Probably better than any other type of chains/cables that I have had before.

Back