this might be stupid but i noticed...

kura808

:
'02.5 MP5
the other day when i was parked at my grandpa's house(level ground..), i noticed that my left rear wheel gap looked lower than normal..it looked like it was lowered on only one side. so anyways the right rear wheel gap is bigger than the left rear. i took a tape measure and only the left rear was about half an inch less than the others.

so i asked my dad and he said its probably cause the battery weighs a ton. probably might be the answer but i measured our 4runner's wheel gap and it was even on all sides..which kinda made me a bit confused.

anyways i guess i just noticed it recently. i mean its a bit subtle but when u get close and try to put ur hand in the wheel well, u notice theres quite a difference in the both side rears.

so is this normal? lol..idk if i was clear enough.if not, i'll give more detail lol. its kinda interesting cause one side looks like its lowered while the other side looks normal.

dude it's probably because your ksport coilovers weren't adjusted properly

alot of older cars have that problem.

its from more weight being on the left side mroe often. or basiclly no passenger.

doesnt help the battery and stuff are on that side too.

if you have anythingi n the car have it on the right side

alot of older cars have that problem.

its from more weight being on the left side mroe often. or basiclly no passenger.

doesnt help the battery and stuff are on that side too.

if you have anythingi n the car have it on the right side

If this is the case, it's probably because of worn or blown shocks...check to see if there's any oil leaking from any of them. I would guess that if you changed them out the car would stop leaning to one side...

lol i dont have any suspension mods. its all stock.

the funny thing is..most of the weight is on the right side(passengers are always on the right of the car for some reason..only my sis whos doesnt weigh much sits behind me sometimes) so i would think that the right side would get worn more but its the left rear. also i got a tool box in my trunk but its also on the right side. kinda weird ne? wouldnt the wheel gap be less on the right rather than the left?

i also thought it over. our batteries are on the left side so wouldnt the left front have a smaller wheel gap and the right side front and rear would have a bigger gap? assuming if the battery was really heavy. got a sears battery..which weighs a ton..lol..

i checked for oil and i didnt see anything. maybe its just worn out? lol..

if some1 wants, i could put some pics up..

thanks for the help so far!! :)

Shocks don't affect ride height - springs do.

If it bothers you - get new springs. Lower it, eh? Swap in new shocks as well since they are due at 60K miles anyway...

Actually a blown shock will completely affect ride height. I can attest to that from my experience of changing out my blown front struts yesterday. I can even post up before and after pictures of blown strut versus perfectly fine strut. See if there is any way to check your strut because my front passenger one was completely gone to the point where it would sink all the way down if I just put it upright on the ground and when i took it off there was almost no oil anywhere on it. How many miles are on the car?

tomorrow i'll go try pushing down in the corner of my car. i was thinking of maybe eventually swapping everything out lol..some day...haha

theres close to 52k mi on the car right now.

Actually a blown shock will completely affect ride height. I can attest to that from my experience of changing out my blown front struts yesterday. I can even post up before and after pictures of blown strut versus perfectly fine strut. See if there is any way to check your strut because my front passenger one was completely gone to the point where it would sink all the way down if I just put it upright on the ground and when i took it off there was almost no oil anywhere on it. How many miles are on the car?

o yea i got a question. if i do have a blown strut, i was looking to swap it out wit tokico blue struts. i dont really want my car lowered(we got some crazy dips in hawaii...). will the tokico blues work okay wit the OEM springs? or is there some springs that are compatible wit the blues that dont really drop my car that much hehe. i kinda spent this whole time searching and i dont see anything about tokico struts wit OEM springs haha..or maybe tokico blue struts wit racing beat springs<-kinda like the msp setup? but the real racing beat springs like the ones from protegegarage not swapping from the msp.

or maybe this setup?
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123641907

yea kinda lame question cause i got no clue about suspension xP

Last edited:
You should buy my MSP springs, that'll solve the problem.

And are you saying that all your passengers are fat?

Hmmmm I don't really see why you wouldn't be able to use your stock springs with the blues. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, you can probably find some Blues for a good price. I got mine for 165 shipped to my door with about 10k miles on em and they still looked pretty new. I only got the front ones on (curse you endlinks!) and it already feels so much better.

Back