This is, how I have found my seat after work

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Like a week ago I have not used the car for three days. It was locked in the garage.
After coming back from a trip and getting in my car, I have noticed, that the seat back it was a little bit set to back. Nobody touched it.
Today, after getting out from work and opened the door, this is whit what I was greeted with. See picture.
I had my car since 2013 November and up to this point, it has never happened.
How they take care of this problem, at the dealership?

Attachments

• 20150108_163257.jpg
    20150108_163257.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 536
It looks like your Mazda thought that you needed a nap after work. Seriously, Hondas do this as well. No one on the Honda forum has come up with a fix, much less a reason for it happening. I wonder if the same company makes the seat switches for both car brands.

Mine did that once too, no idea why. I mentioned it to the dealer and they said "weird, never heard of that before!"

There is a tsb for this, I had it done.

The tsb calls for replacing the seat recliner switch with one of a different shape that will prevent your thigh from accidently hitting/touching the switch

I had the tsb done on my car

All that is funny, but seriously it's no way that I was touching that button for that long and walk away, without noticing the seat back that is all the way back.

Back