Third-gen Mazda6 reliability - let's get better info

P5w3kids

:
2003 P5
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

Thanks to the help of this forum, for which I'm very grateful, we've had excellent participation by Mazda owners. And the more owners participate, the more precise and comprehensive our results can be.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, following the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Mazda6, for free. I'll share results for the Mazda6 in this thread after each update.

http://www.truedelta.com/join

I wish I'd noticed this new subforum earlier. We'll be updating our stats in a few weeks, but it looks like we're going to be a single car short of the minimum with the 2014 Mazda6.

We'll have an update after this one in November, previewing to participants in October.

To help ensure that we not only have a stat for the new Mazda6 in that update, but a highly precise one, hopefully we can double or even triple the number of owners involved. (Link to join in OP.)

I've enjoyed reading your reviews since the Epinions days Michael, and I also enjoy the relevant info on truedelta.com. Keep up the good work!

I wish I'd noticed this new subforum earlier. We'll be updating our stats in a few weeks, but it looks like we're going to be a single car short of the minimum with the 2014 Mazda6.

We'll have an update after this one in November, previewing to participants in October.

To help ensure that we not only have a stat for the new Mazda6 in that update, but a highly precise one, hopefully we can double or even triple the number of owners involved. (Link to join in OP.)

You might also try the mazda 6 club forum. There are a lot of 2014 M6 owners on that website. You may have to check with the administrators first. But I would think you could find more 2014 M6 owners to give feedback on truedelta.com. I already give mine there. FYI

You might also try the mazda 6 club forum. There are a lot of 2014 M6 owners on that website. You may have to check with the administrators first. But I would think you could find more 2014 M6 owners to give feedback on truedelta.com. I already give mine there. FYI

Thanks for the tip.

I signed up. I drive roughly 30k miles/yr so I figured I could help get data sooner than some others. I have already uploaded a spreadsheet from Fuelly and will add any repairs as neccessary.

Thanks, much appreciated! We just added the spreadsheet upload capability. People are using it even more than we expected them to.

Thanks for the tip on TrueDelta, I added both my new 6 and my 2004 MPV, appreciate it P5w! - Rampage

We have an initial stats for the new Mazda6 based on owner experiences through June 30, 2013.

With a repair frequency of 26 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the new Mazda6 has required few repairs so far.

But this is based on a small sample size. We'll have further updates in November and February, and these will be much more precise.

To view competitors' scores and descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help:

Mazda Mazda6 reliability ratings and comparisons

We've updated our reliability stats for the Mazda6 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2014 Mazda6: 22, low, off to a great start

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Thanks for joining!

Quite a few members have been selling their Proteges lately. Especially since I still have my 2003 P5, I want to keep covering the cars, and for this we need new cars to replace those being sold.

For people not yet signed up, details here:

www.truedelta.com/join

We've updated our reliability stats for the Mazda6 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

2014 Mazda6: 22, low

We'll have further updates later this month and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

We've updated our reliability stats for the Mazda6 to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

2014 Mazda6: 26, low

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

We've updated our reliability stats for the Mazda6 to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

2014 Mazda6: 26, low

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Definitely, thanks!

Our reliability stats for the Mazda6 now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2014 Mazda6: 17, low, and very good for an all-new car

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

We've updated our reliability stats for the Mazda6 to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014 (making them about 14 months ahead of some others).

2014 Mazda6: 22, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2014 Mazda6: 79, < 1

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Back