thinking of trading in...

Masshole

:
2002.5 Protege5
I'm debating trading both of my cars (2002.5 P5 and a 1996 Audi A6 wagon) for a new car... My wife and i can no longer afford to keep 2 cars, so we will trade in for 1... the downside is that it means i have to buy an automatic (she REFUSES to learn to drive stick).

So right now it's narrowed down to:

a new mazda 3 wagon w/ xenon/tpms/navigation
or
a new subie impreza wagon

i know there's going to be a bias here, but give me your thoughts... and bear in mind that it snows here in MA

if you can't afford two cars, then why not just sell one instead of trading in and taking on more payments. and if you absolutely must get rid of them, she can learn stick.

mountjonas said:
if you can't afford two cars, then why not just sell one instead of trading in and taking on more payments. and if you absolutely must get rid of them, she can learn stick.

i'm getting rid of the audi because i cant afford the maintanance on it...
if i trade in the 2 cars, my monthly payment will be about half of what it is now (down to $200 from $400), and my insurance will drop from $240 to $120 a month.

that's $320 a month i could save or $3840 a year

Dexter said:
Tell her to drive stick or you cut off her left foot. What else is it good for anyways?

you cant see this, but she just flipped you off through the miricle of the internet

bahah! thats awesome. fine, take the granny tranny and get all the poonanny. Whatever.

Im sorry i said that.

I have to admit it doesn't make much sense to me either. How the hell is your insurance so high for 2 cars? You need to move the hell out of Mass (lol2)
If you guys need two cars how are you going to make do with one?

Since iis not costing you anything but insurance, then why not just sell the Audi privatley and go to DCU or something with the money and reloan the P5 for what you owe minues the money from the audi.

If those aren't options then you might like to know that there is a 2002 Protege LX, I think an auto at Best ford in Nashua NH for only $10K

obviously since the P5 and the audi are too expensive a new car that is anything other then a Kia may be a bad idea.

Back