Thinking of getting a Mazda5....... Babies on the way!

Still shopping but things are getting close to time to pull the trigger.
Been looking at the MPV as it is a little bigger (and gets close to the same MPG as the older Mazda5's).
BUT! Today I found a 2006 with leather, nav, and moonroof and only 43K miles! it is plat silver (which is ok but I like a pure silver.)
It is under 9K also. What to do!?!?! What to do!?!?!

C

That is very low mileage for a 06. We loved our MPV and if they still made it we'd buy another. CUVs and SUVs don't hold as much and are more marketing than functional. However, with a family of 4 and 1 to 2 week long camping trips (as well as long weekend camping) the 5 is just fine. It offers just enough size for all our gear including a massive tent, BBQ, 4 folding chairs, etc. ...cant see out the back like the MPV though!

This is the Mazda5 it appears I will be purchasing.
DVD
Nav
Leather
Moonroof
2 owners
New tires

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

Attachments

• MAZDA5.JPG
    MAZDA5.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 121
This is the Mazda5 it appears I will be purchasing.
DVD
Nav
Leather
Moonroof
2 owners
New tires

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

Hmmm...have you ran a Carfax (or something within the like) on it? Seems to have very low miles but what catches my eye more, and it could be just the angle of the picture, is the fact that the rear hatch doesn't seem to line up with the quarter panel. Seems like there's a shaded gap between them. Also, and again it could just be my eyes, the picture itself or my monitor... but the sliders, quarter panel and bumper seem to have a slight difference in the silver hew. Just something to share with you because it jump out at me. If I am wrong in all that I have mentioned then it seems like a pretty good buy.

Carfax runs clean but yes there is a ding in the rear there. I think it can be popped out pretty easy.
I am guessing when that happened the just had the rear bumper repainted/replaced also.
It was an older guys so I am guessing he backed into something.
Mechanical it sounds good and runs good. I think there may be rear shocks in its future needed (seems like a common issue) and brake rotors turned.
Plus I did find out the CD player does not seem to work. Has the check cd error. Seems like they fail from the post I was reading.

Davicho that is some good eyes you have!

Last edited:
No problem brother. Just watching out for you and sharing with you what I noticed from that pic.

I went ahead and bought it! I am now a Mazda5 owner.
Getting it all cleaned up and then I will look at the next steps.
Order of projects:
1.) Get DVD player going (May be a fuse)
2.) Get Homelink mirror to open my garage.
3.) Figure out if I am going to get a new CD player of live with no CD player and just do radio.
4.) Work on the toe in issue in the back. I can tell it is a little off.
5.) Try to get that ding in the back fixed
6.) Look at new wheels (Maybe)
7.) I am going to watch the rear door actuator. I noticed it did not open the other day. But then it did. Hummm
8.) Do some small exterior things (Front Eye Lids, Black out the badges, and maybe the jdm spoiler in the back. That thing looks good!)
9.) Decide if I am going to lower it or keep it where it is now. Does not look bad!

After making that list it sounds like a lot but they are all small things. Picking up a van with 44K I think will pay off in the end.
I can deal with small issues and am planning on really taking care of it. Washed, clayed, and waxed already. Interior complete clean is coming this week!

Thanks guys for the help along the way in finding what to get and suggestions. I hope this Mazda can last for about 15 years. By then I hope cars will be flying.
C

Woohoo! Congratulations.

1. I scrapped mine, just use Kindle Fires for the kids. Plus I hated how it blocked the rearview mirror. It's just an empty case now, but it'll house a computer or something later. Oh, it died because my son jammed several DVDs into it at a time and broke the disc transport.
3. I've got a double-DIN Sony with Bluetooth that's coming out soon that I could bring to you. ;)
9. Stiffer springs in the rear will help to fix toe wear problems for #4.

PB
I will have to shoot you a PM and see where in DFW you are at! Having another Mazda5 guy close would be nice to shoot stuff off of.

1) Figure I will try to get it working, if not I need to find something to cover the whole.
3.) Let me know what you are asking for it. Does it play CD's. I am old school and listen to DVD's. HAHAHA I am going to try to fix this one but not sure I can.
9.) Yea I am trying to rear all the post on springs and control arms. I got to get this setup right and not spend to much money. ;)

Hit me up! Gonna be out of town for a few weeks though.

3. Not much. CDs yes.
9. Read all my stuff. ;)

Figured I would give an update on things so far.
First I noticed that what this thing lacks in HP it totally makes up for in cup holders. I have more cup holders in this thing for everyone to have 2 if all seats are full. ;)
I got the DVD player working so that is good. Still working on the HomeLink mirror and stock cd player.
Everything else seems great on it and it is pretty fun to drive. I did black out the badges. ;)
My wife has been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks so I first drove her Scion XB but now I am really loving this van. It is a lot of fun and does not look like a normal van.

Rear shocks are needed but right now things seem fun. ZOOM ZOOM!

Back