The result of CEL Light

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
The result of Cel light pictures below can't explain more since the forums are giving me errors while trying to post Summary fire dept ordered my to be sent back via flat bed to dealer notice all the gasoline.

940235797_360232700b.jpg

940235675_131e80d6ce.jpg

On Saturday I took my car in for CEL, They where finally going to replace the fuel neckline to correct this issue. I was told by the service tech that since I had a full tank of gas that they would have to drain out a few in order to get this done and upon completion the gas would go back.
The car gets completed I drive home everything seems fine, we decide later on that we wanted to go out for a ride. I manage to drive two blocks away from the house when through the air vents the smell of gasoline is so rich and strong is choking us. I pull off into a corporate park put the car in park check around the car and all the sudden a waterfall of gasoline is pouring out of the car. I tell my fianc get out of the car quick for fear of the car igniting. We call the fire Dept they come out put speedy dry and ask us if we have a town truck coming.
I called mazda service was left on hold for 10 minutes. I then ended the call and called AAA they told me 1hr. The fire dept told us that they where not going to wait on the scene for an hr to call them back and tell them is a hazmat scene the vehicle has to go. I called back they told us now 30min. The dept left but the chief left us a note for the tow truck driver that if he needed authorization to tow the car this form is a release form.
We ended up waiting in direct sun humidity 87% 90degrees no shade cover nothing for close to 2hrs. They finally showed up I was so pissed I almost decked the driver, so we went off on a good start. I told the guy that he would be passing our home to stop so I can get the other car and we would follow him.
The car got dropped off at the dealer, :: Monday July 30th I wake up go to the dealership to ask them wtf they do to my car. They gave me a courtesy car immediately they agreed that they where going to wave any fuel that I used on the loaner mazda 3 and also that they where going to top off my car upon repairs. At 3pm I go back to the dealer cause no one called me back to let me know what was going on, they told me that when they went to drain the car they forgot to connect the hose back. That it was there mistake that they reported it to mazda they sprayed something on the car so the gas smell is gone so far so good. Hope I don't blow up today when I will be fully using the car.

Last edited:
Sounds like they were just happy you weren't going to sue. At least they took care of it for you. :)

They're very lucky that something didn't ignite the gas while you were driving. You're also lucky, but for different reasons. I dispise incompetence.

basically why no matter what, u always need to have your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CHECKED!!!!!

that totally sucks man - thank god nothing more serious happened like ur 7 erupting into a fireball

hopefully everything works out

:update: Its mow 4pm yet today I made another visit to the dealer the gasoline smell is still in the car no leaks but sure as hell stinks. They took it to the car wash and sprayed some air freshner solution that goes into the vents I cannot recall the name of the product but wished I had some right about now.

I will be calling them again they offered that if the smell continued they would detail the car and give me a loaner for the day. I have to say that despite this mess the dealer has been very very helpful and still has my winning side. The gasoline smell remains

Update # 2

8-1-07 I have no car yet again the saga continues. Dam gasoline smell won't go away smells like an old clunker, They gave me another cx-7 as a loaner is a base model. I want my car back thats all I want with no smell nothing wrong with it. I am really thinking that when this mess is all done I will not be going back to this dealership.

No longer happy with the dealership. If this time is not corrected I will be calling mazda

basically why no matter what, u always need to have your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CHECKED!!!!!

that totally sucks man - thank god nothing more serious happened like ur 7 erupting into a fireball

hopefully everything works out

Getting the CEL checked is what caused the problem. He went in because of the CEL, they were incompetent in the repair and the gas sprayed everywhere.

I got my baby back baby back baby back LOL.
Smells like Johnson & Johnson :) Im loving this car smell
soo sooo fresh and so clean

* by the way they waved again the used up gas on the cx7 loaner they gave me
and hell I used up alot of gas on that car.

Last edited:
Getting the CEL checked is what caused the problem. He went in because of the CEL, they were incompetent in the repair and the gas sprayed everywhere.

either way, the CEL was the cause of this situation. if no cel then no dealer thus no repair (competent or not)

So what would you have suggested? That I drive around with the light on?

Next time I am taking the car to Mikey (silly)

So what would you have suggested? That I drive around with the light on?

Next time I am taking the car to Mikey (silly)

lol dont bring that thing anywhere near me.

my reply was in response to mustang who seemed to imply that u should have basically left the cel light alone and kept driving the car, which i dont agree with at all.

It must be a cx-7 thing, mine was just in the shop in July for the CEL and it ended up being the filler neck. They were able to replace the filler neck within 45 minutes for me. Dangerous thought though if this is going to be an ongoing issue with our vehicles. I'm glad yours turned out safely and nothing ignited.

lol dont bring that thing anywhere near me.

my reply was in response to mustang who seemed to imply that u should have basically left the cel light alone and kept driving the car, which i dont agree with at all.

That's not what I was saying at all.

My response was to you when you implied that he had been driving around with it on and this wouldn't have happened if he had gotten it checked out.

Back