The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

so i sold the truck last week and bought a 2014 CX-5... so far i really like the thing, mine is a Grand Touring with every option imaginable. Even with the AWD, the 2.5 its getting an average of 28.5 mpg's driving back roads too and from work

Congrats on the new purchase!

I believe the wife is sold on a cx5. My only thing i have against it, is the lack of power. I just wish it was around the 200 mark, but the wife will be driving it to & from work. I guess it's one less thing to worry about

Anyone have a need for a 2006 mazda 6i with less than 60,000 miles? Or a 2001 Toyota Corolla LE with less than 35,000 miles? Lol

Last edited:

I believe the wife is sold on a cx5. My only thing i have against it, is the lack of power. I just wish it was around the 200 mark, but the wife will be driving it to & from work. I guess it's one less thing to worry about

Anyone have a need for a 2006 mazda 6i with less than 60,000 miles? Or a 2001 Toyota Corolla LE with less than 35,000 miles? Lol

dont let the lack of HP numbers fool you. i will agree that the 2.0 is a bit underwhelming in the car but the 2.5 has enough power to merge easily when needed (and i have the added weight of the AWD)

so i sold the truck last week and bought a 2014 CX-5... so far i really like the thing, mine is a Grand Touring with every option imaginable. Even with the AWD, the 2.5 its getting an average of 28.5 mpg's driving back roads too and from work

So someone bought that rusty hulk from you?

So someone bought that rusty hulk from you?

yup, dealer gave me 3k trade on it, with holes in the cab corners, and rocker panels... i took that and ran!!!
i knew it wouldn't pass inspection this winter as the rust would just keep growing and it was going to cost more than it was worth to fix all the rust, so i punted the truck while i could still get something for it. I am still happy i bought the truck, I paid cash for it and got a year and half of reliability and was far cheaper than a car payment and allowed me to build up some savings for a decent down payment on a new vehicle.

Saw on facebook, congrats!

Prices? Pics? you can PM them if you want

yup, dealer gave me 3k trade on it, with holes in the cab corners, and rocker panels... i took that and ran!!!
i knew it wouldn't pass inspection this winter as the rust would just keep growing and it was going to cost more than it was worth to fix all the rust, so i punted the truck while i could still get something for it. I am still happy i bought the truck, I paid cash for it and got a year and half of reliability and was far cheaper than a car payment and allowed me to build up some savings for a decent down payment on a new vehicle.

Congrats Levi! I'm in the same boat, wifey wants a CX-5 as well. Maybe when we are ready to buy they will offer them in the Ceramic color?

BTW, what's the name of this dealer? If they'd give me 3K for the P5 with all of it's rust I might just have to jump on it. LOL

Congrats Levi! I'm in the same boat, wifey wants a CX-5 as well. Maybe when we are ready to buy they will offer them in the Ceramic color?

BTW, what's the name of this dealer? If they'd give me 3K for the P5 with all of it's rust I might just have to jump on it. LOL

Car Sense (the are in Philly and Pittsburgh) they are a "no haggle dealer" but they are actually pretty damn fair on both trade and their "best posted price". was also kinda nice cause the salesman are paid salary and not commission so they are actually very patient and just want to help you find what you like. That was nice cause i test drove and looked at alot of different vehicles that day haha

Last edited:
Saw on facebook, congrats!

Prices? Pics? you can PM them if you want
It'll probably be around tax time, but which one? The 6 gets parked during winter & was only in 1 & 1/2 winters before we started parking it.
12c5c4de.jpg

01 Corolla was bought about 2ish years ago as a replacement for our 94 corolla winter mobile. It was bought from an elderly gentleman who bought it new & never drove it. Had 19,500 when we bought it & is sitting in around 31,000 right now, just did a front brake job on it.
IMG_20140306_183633052_zpsgjkdr8pf.jpg

Last edited:

that's not bad at all considering the rust. I'm seriously trying to find a halfway decent car for the winter as I would love to try and keep the Focus from rusting like the Mazda did.

It'll probably be around tax time, but which one? The 6 gets parked during winter & was only in 1 & 1/2 winters before we started parking it.

01 Corolla was bought about 2ish years ago as a replacement for our 94 corolla winter mobile. It was bought from an elderly gentleman who bought it new & never drove it. Had 19,500 when we bought it & is sitting in around 31,000 right now, just did a front brake job on it.
I have a friend that is "kinda looking for a car" and asked if I knew anyone selling anything decent. Didn't give a price range, preferences or time frame though.

that's not bad at all considering the rust. I'm seriously trying to find a halfway decent car for the winter as I would love to try and keep the Focus from rusting like the Mazda did.
I would think the Ford would hold up a little better. Doesn't have to cross an ocean to get here.

Last edited:
I would think the Ford would hold up a little better. Doesn't have to cross an ocean to get here.

It will since the steel feels thicker but the miles are adding up quickly. Just under two years and I'm over 32k miles. I love driving it, but I'd also love to have a beater to just NGF about and save miles/money on the ST.

It will since the steel feels thicker but the miles are adding up quickly. Just under two years and I'm over 32k miles. I love driving it, but I'd also love to have a beater to just NGF about and save miles/money on the ST.

32k in two years? You almost have as many miles as the Escape :)

The 42 mile round trip commute sucks. but I'm only working 5 days a week now so hopefully that will help a tiny bit. Hence why I want a beater (or I'm hoping for a demo. :D )

Can I demo something for about a week next June? would prefer a Flex but a Ford Transit will do :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately our Flex has a good amount of surface rust underneath and it's about 3 years old with 27k mile on it. I noticed the rust started about one year of ownership. It's one the few things that still gets me steamed when I think about it. I'm not looking forward to brake jobs in the future. By comparison our 5 year-old, 88k mile, 2010 Jetta has little to no rust anywhere.

Yup & work trucks. It absorbs into the metal/rust & makes a barrier so that the rust won't spread. It's also a great lubricant/penetrator like PB Plaster & WD40. YouTube some videos on it. I really like the one with the mower blade on a mailbox in winter.

https://youtu.be/xxEvlPsGvRA

Back