The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Huber Ridge in Blendon Township. It's not far from where I was but Westerville schools and address.
data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,RleD0o6s3b2NziWKea-GcAZAU0X2rXXLiwp3X87r-aMJedSrePxvIoFBVfnjGI6L8RlzkbHy0k15fxr9tKxsJ6EHoW7OB1nF-JNDzHSFCQ8oGiLg5S43DgFQvjzX2F6UFKrZrckF94LOspOtI49-kNkIV-3a6eIWhVK1Kn69hvY9Zogl6p7ea21_m3xeCzNSR1up_Zg0DW_nfKQ

Nice, I've been in that area a bit lately for a couple of customers. Benefiting from Westerville schools is a huge plus.

Coming down fro school?

I'm in Akron, right by the Rubber Bowl.

I work in the area, I was getting tired of the commute and a co-worker is renting a house a couple doors down from him. I'm excited to explore the city a little bit and get settled at the new place.

I bought MSP #2 a couple weeks ago. MSP #1 was sold years ago to buy a P5, which was later totaled. I've owned multiple Proteges over the years, but this one is definitely the nicest.
Earlier this year I was looking for a car to use on track days since selling the MS3 to fund a house. I found this MSP for sale on craigslist and went to look at the car. I was very close to buying it then, but the seller was asking too much. A young guy came right after me and bought it. Fast forward months later and I'm searching craigslist for Mazdaspeeds again, and I see the same car pop up for sale. I message him and find out that he had just traded it in on another car. It turns out that Breanna works at the same dealership, so I contact her about it. She eventually finds out that they are going to send the car to auction, and I ask her to find any way for them to sell it. The techs had determined that it had a blown turbo. After some bargaining I end up buying the car for $4000.
I come to find out it wasn't building any boost because the wastegate was stuck open. But it was nothing that a hammer couldn't fix :p
11953512_10101851329243542_2395774618095278331_o.jpg

Congrats! mmmm spicey.

Wheels/tire combo looks over sized but it could be that they're black

Thanks! The tires are the correct size, but either the wheels are slightly wider, or the offset is lower because the tires are rubbing at the rear. I'm going to try and push the lip in a little.

Thanks! The tires are the correct size, but either the wheels are slightly wider, or the offset is lower because the tires are rubbing at the rear. I'm going to try and push the lip in a little.

most likely offset. I had rubbing on bigger bumps with 17x8 w/ 38 offset but the 235's on the wheels were slightly larger than stock diameter (pro-kit & stock struts). Lowering springs at all or has the rear struts been changed? The MSP had a higher rear spring perch on the factory struts

most likely offset. I had rubbing on bigger bumps with 17x8 w/ 38 offset but the 235's on the wheels were slightly larger than stock diameter (pro-kit & stock struts). Lowering springs at all or has the rear struts been changed? The MSP had a higher rear spring perch on the factory struts

I'll have to check, but I was told the car was 100% stock other than the wheels and head unit.

You were right about the rear suspension. There are standard protege replacement struts on the rear. Now I will need to find a set of MSP rear struts.

How was everyone's weekend? Get anything done?

I haven't finished my drywall project because I was a bit unmotivated after I practically broke my toe in demo (drywall karate chopped my big toe) and I still need to finish my wiring while its all open. I can't stand knowing in 6 months I will be doing wiring that is much easier now than after I close up.

Spent probably 30 hours working on the RX7's wiring harnesses. Wanted to do other stuff but that would've involved slowly melting in the garage. The front, dash, and rear harnesses are 90% complete and I really can't do any more until they're back in the car. Finally got to use my fancy Deutsch crimper though.

Back