The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I know a vinyl guy.

Glad the car handled and drove so well on her first outing with you.

Was it weird getting used to the net on the right side?

Nope, not at all. The right side net (RSN) is only visible in the rear view mirror. It doesn't obsure the view of my passenger mirror anything like that.

I think getting used to a driver's side window net will be harder when I start running that.

I liked being in HPDE4 and not having to give point bys and being able to pass anywhere. :)

14 mm tripe square drive; really, VW? Looks like the brake job isn't happening until next weekend. I also thought the torque-to-yield head bolts on the FS-DE were weird. VW/Audi uses that crap everywhere. I'm $200 in parts alone for this thing! People who complain about rotary maintenance clearly have never worked on VW's...

So I took the day off work and planned to take a drive to ohio today and bs with Phen and whoever else but I realized when I went to put something in the trunk my registration was out so now I'm just banging out all kinds of things around the house haha
Still not as fun as driving the man BUT it's still under 40 here and the high today is drastically lower than what was predicted two days ago when I requested off

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Someone is supposed to come put a deposit down on my Celica today. I'm excited, that means I can order coilovers for the 2!

It feels more responsive in the mid-high range. I've had it on the car for over 50k miles, now.

Gotcha, I have a 2014 Mazda 3 that CS has the same type of mods available for. I was just wondering whats all available out there. Not much out for it yet but there are a few things that I wasn't sure were worth the time or money.

Gotcha, I have a 2014 Mazda 3 that CS has the same type of mods available for. I was just wondering whats all available out there. Not much out for it yet but there are a few things that I wasn't sure were worth the time or money.

I wish Corksport supported the 2 more. He initially offered a lot of parts, but since the car was so new I didn't want to modify it much. Now that I'm ready to take the plunge, there are a ton of great parts I missed out on that I wish were still available.

I had posted a few times about wanting a new car. Thought I'd update you guys. My Black 2015 Focus ST is scheduled to arrive at the dealer on Friday. I'm pretty excited about it. Already worked out several ways to use points to run in TTD and have my first modifications on their way (sound symposer delete and Cobb rear sway bar). I'm planning on coming up for the NASA weekend at Mid-Ohio in October. Is anyone else planning on going to that event?

I had posted a few times about wanting a new car. Thought I'd update you guys. My Black 2015 Focus ST is scheduled to arrive at the dealer on Friday. I'm pretty excited about it. Already worked out several ways to use points to run in TTD and have my first modifications on their way (sound symposer delete and Cobb rear sway bar). I'm planning on coming up for the NASA weekend at Mid-Ohio in October. Is anyone else planning on going to that event?

Nice pick up. Curious if you test drove a Fiesta ST and your thoughts on that car.

Thanks. No, the Fiesta is too small so I didn't look at it at all. I have to be able to put a rear facing baby seat and stroller in the car.

I guess I really was the one keeping this alive. :( On the plus side, I've been offered and excepted a new position at Huntington.
show-me-the-money-tom-cruise.jpg

Many good times had in this thread or because of this thread, many friends made. I will miss this place but life has gotten busier and I won't have as much time, or choose to not have much depending on how you look at it. New job, heavier class schedule to finish my degree. I'll check in every now and then but mostly I'll see you guys on Facebook and hopefully a meet or two.

58881909.jpg

I think this thread brought a lot of people together who were strangers and are now friends. If I have a question or want to BS with someone I usually just contact them directly whether it's through FB or text message. And all forums are slowly dying due to FB. Which is good and bad.

I still check it every now and then but mostly for the auto-x/track Ohio thread since Marc refuses to get on FB. haha

If nothing is going on no real reason to post. However we should start Menchies up soon when it warms up.

I guess I really was the one keeping this alive. :( On the plus side, I've been offered and excepted a new position at Huntington.
show-me-the-money-tom-cruise.jpg

Many good times had in this thread or because of this thread, many friends made. I will miss this place but life has gotten busier and I won't have as much time, or choose to not have much depending on how you look at it. New job, heavier class schedule to finish my degree. I'll check in every now and then but mostly I'll see you guys on Facebook and hopefully a meet or two.

58881909.jpg

What position did you get?

I see what you did there, Nick. Quoting pics and all just to spite me. ;)

Menchies at 8pm tonight in Fairlawn.

Back