The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Non mazda but This is my weekend project, new fuel lines are in as well as new brake lines ( they all failed in one shot last fall) so hang the tank, pressure test the lines and then drive. Need a bed though since mine crumbled as I removed it...

Good morning! How was everyone's weekend?

Too Freakin Short! Installed the FMIC and Piping kit, cleaned the TB and Coolant by pass. Sunday has a NASA Instructors Meeting, which shot Sunday to hell! I got to see a lot of my frinds, Eric Meyer, Paul King and other NASA TT and racing friends.

Last edited:
^Like he said, went by too fast. I was hoping for a little warmer weather too and that didn't happen. In the process of swapping out dash braces. Good times. Then I need to finish up the other three doors.
64f7ba3ffa043cfff1e5078810434a8c.jpg

Still going haha. Have off today cause the truck is getting inspected. Hopefully it passes with flying colors cause the less I spend to keep it on the road, the more money gets spent on hoodies for the msm haha

I'm sure some of you saw on FB, but I got a new car over the weekend:

16879488976_4d55d24f97_b.jpg

16905368205_3fb1283464_b.jpg

16285346653_d91f8c16e4_b.jpg

16717712828_5314ff7d38_b.jpg

Evan helped me do some odds and ends, remove the passenger window, take the hard top off, removed the seat and old harness, etc. I spend a majority of the time taking all the old stickers off.

Looks good will! I'm guessing this car becoming the track warrior and your red miata will be more street/autocross or are you starting a stable of race cars? Haha

Non mazda but This is my weekend project, new fuel lines are in as well as new brake lines ( they all failed in one shot last fall) so hang the tank, pressure test the lines and then drive. Need a bed though since mine crumbled as I removed it...
That's pretty cool. You don't see to many older Dodge trucks getting love. What's the plans for it?
Good morning! How was everyone's weekend?
Good, got the garage cleaned up and organized. Just need someone to buy the RX-8 wheels and/or get the tire rack built.
Still going haha. Have off today cause the truck is getting inspected. Hopefully it passes with flying colors cause the less I spend to keep it on the road, the more money gets spent on hoodies for the msm haha
Hoodies for top down driving?
I'm sure some of you saw on FB, but I got a new car over the weekend:

Evan helped me do some odds and ends, remove the passenger window, take the hard top off, removed the seat and old harness, etc. I spend a majority of the time taking all the old stickers off.

I still want to touch it.

What kind of unholy adhesive is used on window tint? I thought I was done with tint when I pulled it off the RX7's windows but I found out why the windows always felt "sticky" over the weekend. Some kind of residual adhesive that required a combination of acetone and adhesive removal to get off. I spent probably 4 hours doing that this weekend. Got some other odds 'n ends done as well - small projects until I get the car back.

I just used brake cleaner on the MX6 purple tint. Came off easily. Just don't let it touch the interior plastic, of course.

I just used brake cleaner on the MX6 purple tint. Came off easily. Just don't let it touch the interior plastic, of course.

I was seriously tempted to use brake cleaner but I didn't know what effect, if any, it'd have on the glass. I got the driver's side clean without acetone - just Goo-Gone and a lot of rubbing. I originally didn't want to use acetone but the passenger's side was being a PITA so I relented.

Will the SM looks like it should be a fun ride! Are you going spec. Miata racing with it?

Looks good will! I'm guessing this car becoming the track warrior and your red miata will be more street/autocross or are you starting a stable of race cars? Haha

Will the SM looks like it should be a fun ride! Are you going spec. Miata racing with it?

Yep, the SM is going to be the track car. Right now, I'm planning on going to the racing school to get my provisional competition license with NASA on June 4th, then go racing the 5-7.

Just as you guessed Levi, I'd like to retire the red Miata from track duty. I'll probably end up taking the roll bar and harnesses out of that car.

What kind of unholy adhesive is used on window tint? I thought I was done with tint when I pulled it off the RX7's windows but I found out why the windows always felt "sticky" over the weekend. Some kind of residual adhesive that required a combination of acetone and adhesive removal to get off. I spent probably 4 hours doing that this weekend. Got some other odds 'n ends done as well - small projects until I get the car back.

I actually use this stuff: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...28-P?cm_mmc=ACQ-_-Google-_-Enhanced-_-Dynamic

Works really well on sticker residue.

^Like he said, went by too fast. I was hoping for a little warmer weather too and that didn't happen. In the process of swapping out dash braces. Good times. Then I need to finish up the other three doors.
64f7ba3ffa043cfff1e5078810434a8c.jpg

How are those exhaust shroud things for the MS6 coming along?

Last edited:
Should have said goodies for the msm.

With top down driving in the spring/fall, a good rotation of hoodies would be a must I would think.

What goodies are left?

and this is how I feel about selling things (squinty)

I'm working on them today. Took a break from them to work on the msp last week so I can get the other shell out of my parent's driveway.

With top down driving in the spring/fall, a good rotation of hoodies would be a must I would think.

What goodies are left?

and this is how I feel about selling things (squinty)

I have plenty of hoodies haha. The list I have to install is Clutch slave cylinder and SS clutch line, rear brakes, wheels and tires, properly mount the roll bar, rear diff bushings, timing wheel, OCC, washer bottle relocation and tune. The other goodies I would love to get are a new flat bottom steering wheel, seats, get the windshield frame wrapped in black vinyl, new door panels, and to look into rebuilding the 6 speed.

Isn't there a meet in Cbus this weekend? I thought there was a thread but didn't see one.

Back