The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Just a heads up, I will be putting the rx-8 wheels up for sale if anyone is interested. 18x8 50 offset, tires are pretty much done and one has a screw in that can't be patched, TPMS as far as I know (my light was never on) and a can of matching paint.

Negative, just regular valve stems. TPMS went back to Marc as per our arrangement. :)

Everything else been cool with the car?

Negative, just regular valve stems. TPMS went back to Marc as per our arrangement. :)

Everything else been cool with the car?

Good to know. I have a feeling I'll end up keeping them anyways and just get new tires.

Everything is great. No problems or issues except my iPod doesn't always work but I'm 99.9% sure it's either the iPod or me forgetting how to get it to work. I hardly try to use it anyways.

How's the truck and adjusting to 2 babies?

How's the truck and adjusting to 2 babies?

Truck's alright...for a high mileage vehicle. Contemplating whether or not I want to do what it takes to keep it on the road for another 5+ years so I can enjoy spending moniez elsewhere, or just get something new when the time comes and make the monthly payment. It has an unknown smoking on startup/oil consumption issue that would probably be best just to drop a new motor in, rather than blow time and money trying to fix. It's still fine to throw some oil in it every now and then and keep driving the wheels off it though, I'm just anal and what things to be as they should.

The front suspension has some clunks that irritate me, and it needs tires before winter, but other than that, the rest of the truck is in great shape. The size of it suits me just fine, I fear anything bigger and I won't be able to get it into the garage! I have to back it in, and squeeze it all the way over to the left as it is in order to give Steph as much room as I can. My tire, at full lock, hitting the wall is my indication that I'm over enough. haha I HATE parking outside, and I know if I got anything bigger than a midsize, that's exactly what will happen. It's ultimately going to happen ANYway though, once I get my dad's Firebird, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I do have plans to extend the garage into a 3 car, but that's a pipe dream for now, at least a decade in the future.

2 kids is cake so far, not a whole lot of added work at this point. You've been there before, they just eat (which we don't have to worry about lulz) sleep, and poop! And having a 2 year old running around is what it is, so you still have that taking up the majority of your time/energy. The most irritating thing has been all the newborn sounds he makes...squeaking, grunting, squirming around, s***'s annoying when you're trying to sleep! haha He's been doing pretty good through the night though, she'll top him off around midnight, he'll get up around 4 for a diaper and some food, then not get up until around 8. Once he gets around 3-4 weeks, we'll banish him to his own room like we did with Sophia at that age, then hopefully not too long after that he'll be sleeping through the night.

Getting down to the nitty gritty for you guys, eh?!

That's exactly what it was! She was around 3 weeks old, and we couldn't get her to stop crying, so I was like...."That's IT! Throw her in her own room to cry it out then!!" haha Not long after that, and she was sleeping through the night all together. Hopefully Cruz will follow suit...

Which rx8 wheels do you have? How much moolah? Been thinking about something different..
I'll send you a pm once I get some pictures taken
Getting down to the nitty gritty for you guys, eh?!
LS SWAP! I'm not a fan of parking outside either but with 3 cars and a 2 car garage I don't really have a choice. A 3 car garage is at least a decade away for us as well if ever. But that would require a new house.

Yeah, but she didn't start with Kennedy until the due date so I won't be surprised if the same happens. The house is pretty much ready except for putting up little decorations here and there in the nursery.

Woke up extra early (for me at least) just so I could get all my homework done to watch OSU play Kent. My roommate got tickets to the game, but felt conflicted on who to cheer for.

LS SWAP! I'm not a fan of parking outside either but with 3 cars and a 2 car garage I don't really have a choice. A 3 car garage is at least a decade away for us as well if ever. But that would require a new house.

Yeah, but she didn't start with Kennedy until the due date so I won't be surprised if the same happens. The house is pretty much ready except for putting up little decorations here and there in the nursery.

Ah. I'm not sure if Steph would have lasted until the due date with Cruz. lol She was in some pretty good pain leading up to the surgery! I think she's just a pain baby myself. Once they started, we had less than a week left to go until the surgery. She called her bff up and talked to her about it, and her bff said that she experienced that type of pain/pressure for WEEKS before her daughter was born! Even with Sophia, how she was induced, she didn't make it past 3cm and she was just beside herself with pain. I have no doubt as to how painful that was for her, but if 3 was THAT painful, how about women who get to 8, 9, 10?? Or do a natural birth! Holy s***, they must be champs!

Luckily, we have the room for a 3rd garage spot, so we can just add on when the time comes, as long as we plan on being here for decades longer. I wouldn't want to dump $20K+ into that, only to move 5 years later. lol And, that side of the garage has a little kick back, another 11ft of depth past the "regular" wall, so the 3rd spot would be roughly 31ft front to back. Plenty of room for a lift towards the front, and room for my tool boxes, welder, compressor, shelves, etc. towards the back.

Side yard to lose.

Notice how far over the Canyon is, it's behind the wall. haha

And yea, I HAVE been researching a V8 swap for this thing! Even though these things have been around for 10 years, it's still kind of a tall order. I thought by now there would be a tried and true method to it...parts list of every single thing you need to complete a swap...troubleshooting help...the whole 9. But, seems everyone on the forums who does one, always has some problem(s) still. Something to "figure out". Some part to get still. Some wiring to do. SOME damn thing to do in order to get the swap to 100% working order, like it would be as if it came from the factory. And THAT'S how I'd want it, I just want to set it one weekend and forget it, so to speak.

Luckily though, seems the easiest swap to do, is just a regular 5.3 truck motor, and keep the automatic, nothing fancy. I've seen a few of those done, with little problems reported. Still though, easiest thing to do would be a stock 3.5L that's in it. Or, for a little more pep, I can swap in a bigger 3.7L that came in 07 and newer models.

I don't know how they do it. Amber's epidural didn't work for Kennedy so she felt everything.

That's kinda crazy. You've seen my house, being the center house on a court means not much side yard in the front so no option for a 3 car garage. Unless we hit the lottery or neighborhood and/or schools become terrible we'll be here for a long time. As much as I would love a bigger house etc. I'm not a fan of debt. I would like to have this house paid off by my 50th b-day at the latest.

If you feel ambitious next summer I'm sure I could come up to help out.

Random thought, I wonder what it would take to be able to run e85. Amber has the same Duratec 3.0 in her escape and can run it. I'm sure it would take more than a simple swap of parts and some sort of piggyback tuning option. In other words probably not worth the cost but just a thought.

Certain hardware will need to be changed most likely, and the tune will definitely need to be changed.

It's not worth the reduction in gas mileage IMO, unless you're using it as knock protection on a boosted motor to crank up the boost/timing.

What's kind of irritating with the ms3, is we can't run full E85 yet without the hpfp getting gunked up and causing a drop in fuel pressure...it'd nice to fill up on straight e85 and not have to mix it and calculate ratios all the time lol

Certain hardware will need to be changed most likely, and the tune will definitely need to be changed.

It's not worth the reduction in gas mileage IMO, unless you're using it as knock protection on a boosted motor to crank up the boost/timing.

What's kind of irritating with the ms3, is we can't run full E85 yet without the hpfp getting gunked up and causing a drop in fuel pressure...it'd nice to fill up on straight e85 and not have to mix it and calculate ratios all the time lol

I don't think it's worth it, just a random thought. The time and effort needed to make it happen far exceeds the benefits which is really only just saying: Merica! No more gas from the A-Rabs! or the more PC version: Helping America's farmers and reducing dependency on foreign oil. Which may not even be true.

I did a calculation a while back when we first got the escape and I think e85 needed to be about $1.80 less than regular for a cost/mpg benefit. I don't remember but once some of the major subsidies stopped in 2012 it wasn't a benefit.

A little late, but how about that Kent OSU game? It wasn't surprising, just very depressing to be a KSU student.

I thought Kent State would've put up more of a fight. VA Tech losing to ECU made that loss even worse.

I have no motivation at work. There's not much for me to do and since I'll be off for at least a week once the baby is born and they don't really want to start any projects I can't finish.

I'd rather this come back
Kick.jpg

Back