The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Looks like I have two 50rnd boxes of Remington 9mm left, three 100 rnd boxes of Winchester White Box .45 ACP and two 50rnd boxes of Federal .45 ACP. Let me know if you want anything. I'll be in the Medina/Wadsworth/Doylestown area(s) tomorrow evening.

I always like reading Facebook posts this time of year. People bitching about the Super Bowl (awesome hafltime show BTW). People bitching about winter. People bitching about tax returns. Regarding the latter, so what if you're only getting a $500 return. That means you only gave the government a $500 interest-free loan in 2013. Got a $5000 return? You either (1) made a new human, or (2) gave the government one hell of a loan they're going to repay interest-free and then tax you again on it. That and $5000 today is worth less than it did last year so I'll continue to shoot for a $0 return. Regarding winter, I've been working on the RX7's more lately so I'm feeling a little better. Actually made some progress on the red car so hopefully it'll be gone within two weeks.

I have a set of slightly used rivals in this size if you're interested lol. I got R1Rs a month or so ago for when they were actually toast.

I need another set of 15x10s for the Hoosiers.

I'll take those Rivals depending on what you're looking to get for them.

I always like reading Facebook posts this time of year. People bitching about the Super Bowl (awesome hafltime show BTW). People bitching about winter. People bitching about tax returns. Regarding the latter, so what if you're only getting a $500 return. That means you only gave the government a $500 interest-free loan in 2013. Got a $5000 return? You either (1) made a new human, or (2) gave the government one hell of a loan they're going to repay interest-free and then tax you again on it. That and $5000 today is worth less than it did last year so I'll continue to shoot for a $0 return. Regarding winter, I've been working on the RX7's more lately so I'm feeling a little better. Actually made some progress on the red car so hopefully it'll be gone within two weeks.

I agree with this assessment entirely. People are whiners and Facebook gives them an outlet that everyone can see unfortunately.

I shoot for a $0 tax return as well.

Last edited:
When we made a new human we didn't get anywhere near 5k, lol. We're getting $83 but typically I don't like to be that close to owing money. I hate having to write a check to the government which we've had to do on a state level for the past 4 years.

Pablo, I demand that you change your avatar.
aahahahahaahhahahahah.....<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" undefined="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object> :D

I'd rather live off of less & get a bigger return than to live off more & have the potential to owe. BUT, I do agree people getting like $5,000 back are doing something wrong.

I anticipate a larger return that normal, as we bought a house, and had a little one, plus it was set up to not owe when my wife was working, which she didn't do for 11 months, so......

It still sucks owing the City of Akron 2.5% though, ******* bastards.

This months theme for Mazda of the Month is "Audio/Interior". You guys with race cars should enter. Pablo, Marc, Marlon. (wink)

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...or-February!&p=6262791&viewfull=1#post6262791

DO IT!!!

I anticipate a larger return that normal, as we bought a house, and had a little one, plus it was set up to not owe when my wife was working, which she didn't do for 11 months, so......

It still sucks owing the City of Akron 2.5% though, ******* bastards.

yep, I owe Akron $ too.

What about "DAT FLEX!"

Nooooooooo!

Well, guess it's time I make it 247 official. Some of you already know, some don't. Bought a new car yesterday. It's not a Mazda. It's not even Japanese.

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Got it with 30 miles on it. Got one helluva deal as a "Get it the hell outta here" sale for remaining 2013 models. So far, it's pretty fun but I haven't had a chance to do much with it.

I'd rather live off of less & get a bigger return than to live off more & have the potential to owe. BUT, I do agree people getting like $5,000 back are doing something wrong.
Obviously I'm the opposite. I'd rather have the extra $192/paycheck. If I'm after something big I'll save that over the year and collect interest. Also, that $192 is after tax so you get to keep all of it. You get taxed (again) on your return.

Getting $5000 back doesn't necessarily mean someone made a mistake. If you buy and house/have a child late in the year and can claim that for the entire year the next tax season even though you didn't receive the tax breaks. The IRS thinks you've way overpaid and you get a pretty big return. Now it wasn't $5000 but we got pretty big returns in 2010 and 2013 due to buying a house in November 2009 and having a child in October 2012. Either way, $5000 doesn't help much. We paid over $10,000 in daycare alone last year!

Well, guess it's time I make it 247 official. Some of you already know, some don't. Bought a new car yesterday. It's not a Mazda. It's not even Japanese.

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Got it with 30 miles on it. Got one helluva deal as a "Get it the hell outta here" sale for remaining 2013 models. So far, it's pretty fun but I haven't had a chance to do much with it.

Didn't see that coming. Does this mean anything for the Civic and/or MSM? I can't imagine you'll part with the Bavaria.

Did it come with Charlie Sheen or that Italian chick?

Back