The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I might go Sunday if I can convince the wife. If not, I'll have to settle for the Cleveland show. Not a bad show actually. I would like to do Detriot once.

It's a pretty bug show and I heard there's lots of conceots. I saw em dyno the boss 302 on the stage too.

the never ending build...

2012-01-18_16-02-25_890.jpg

2012-01-18_15-50-11_843.jpg

I can't wait to have my own garage to work. Driving a hour to my parents and a hour back kills my motivation to get things done on the MSP. Plus I like to work on things for 2 or 3 days straight and not a random day here and there. I never get anything accomplished.

The more I keep looking at the first pics of my MSP when I first bought it, I miss the fresh titanium paint. Even though it wasn't the best paint job and had flaws it still looked super clean. I'm calling the guy tomorrow to see what it is going to cost me and see if he can takea look at the car sometime this week so I can start a to do list and start finding prices on parts.

watching Barrett-Jackson and I've come up with the theory that if GM took the '57 Bel-Air body and put the new Malibu drivetrain in it and made it up to today's safety standards they would sell a ton of cars. Yes it's FWD, and there would be "purists" that would call it wrong but if the left the body pretty much the same, not a retro thing like the Camaro they could sell alot. It's so much better looking than the Malibu. Kinda goes for alot of vehicles. Just my random thought.

Also I would love a Nash Metropolitan for an around the town DD. love those little things

watching Barrett-Jackson and I've come up with the theory that if GM took the '57 Bel-Air body and put the new Malibu drivetrain in it and made it up to today's safety standards they would sell a ton of cars. Yes it's FWD, and there would be "purists" that would call it wrong but if the left the body pretty much the same, not a retro thing like the Camaro they could sell alot. It's so much better looking than the Malibu. Kinda goes for alot of vehicles. Just my random thought.

Also I would love a Nash Metropolitan for an around the town DD. love those little things

Why not rotate the engine and keep it RWD?

you could but it is gm we're talking about.

Just saying a "resto mod" from the factory would sell. modern suspension and drivtrain with a v6 would be plenty. Probably make the same hp and torque

Last edited:
already ditching the 2? whats going to be taking its place??
I was browsing smart cars (they're just as fast [slow?] as the 2 hahahaha) but I am really just looking at another cheap NA miata for now. Speeding comes with consequences... my insurance is outrageous for full coverage, as in, almost as much as I pay a month for the 2 itself.

Why are you selling it, Jess? I wish I could talk my girlfriend into buying it. But she's even more stubborn than I am.
See above... I owe just about what it's worth via KBB at this point, lol. I'd take 13k for it. I'd have to replace the windshield first though. But if anyone is interested....

^not a bad deal but I just bought a p5 a couple weeks ago.

I love the new CX-5 and I'm pretty sure after they work the bugs out of it in its first year of production I would purchase one. I like the styling and would be a great dd for me.

I was hoping Amber's focus would last long enough for them to come out but that's like hoping farts don't stink. Sometimes they don't but most of the time they smell like poo.

Upgrading the man cave!

IMG_0119.jpg

My buddy picked up a new project, it's got the 4.0L HO and it's manual, so it's the best of both worlds. It's a 2 door too, so I'd guess it has a shorter wheelbase. There's a bit of rust, so we'll be fixing that...

IMG_0153.jpg

Back