The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

What was the bigger/final argument?

A) The top stays down on the Miata
B) Who's six is better
C) You're always hogging the garage

lol! Oh you guys...

I was attempting to be funny saying I was married to Netflix but it wasn't showing up WHO I married so I deleted it. And I knew Peaches would get jelly.

systems at work have been slow or not working all day. This has made for a very boring day.

Yep, barely. Rain and needing more sleep makes for a slow day. I've been trying do less social media things online and focus for on extra 3D modeling for my portfolio. Days like this don't help. Needing some inspiration.

A water main burst this morning down the street from my house. No water as of yet. I really want to take a shower as I could only take a hobo bath this morning in cold water. :(

A water main burst this morning down the street from my house. No water as of yet. I really want to take a shower as I could only take a hobo bath this morning in cold water. :(
That sounds like fun.

The styling of the new Camry is really growing on me the more I see it. It looks much better than previous models.

Finally have a CD player in #2. I haven't had a radio in either car in over 2 years and I found my Breaking Benjamin CD in it. Winning!

Yes the new Camry styling is nice as is the Corolla. They are getting away from the boxy/bubble shapes of years past. They have to keep up with those Koreans....Kia and Hyundai have some really nice looking cars.

LOL about the cd. On the radio this morning they were giving away tix to see them in concert. Guy had to guess the correct redneck pick-up lines (there are always three questions with three multiple choice answers and the answer is always 'c'). A few that were used:

You must be a magician, you just made wood appear in my pants / If you were a monster truck show I'd stand in line hours to get into you

College update....ongoing correspondence with her top choice is looking promising. She has been emailing the admissions office regarding re-taking the SAT and they say it can only help and they are very happy with her hs transcripts and think she'd be a great fit on campus. At this point the SAT is to try and reach the requirement score for the program, if it's not obtained then it looks as if she'll be accepted but as undeclared.

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? I'm off tomorrow so I can start planning now. :p Weather pending I'll mow the lawn and my in-laws lawn (should be the last mow), want to change the oil in the P5, may swap the snow tires onto all three cars or wait until next weekend, work Sat. night, Sun veg out with the boy child since the girls are going shopping at the outlets. Maybe we'll hit up Fat Jacks for some wings and watch some 'murcian football.

Yes the new Camry styling is nice as is the Corolla. They are getting away from the boxy/bubble shapes of years past. They have to keep up with those Koreans....Kia and Hyundai have some really nice looking cars.

LOL about the cd. On the radio this morning they were giving away tix to see them in concert. Guy had to guess the correct redneck pick-up lines (there are always three questions with three multiple choice answers and the answer is always 'c'). A few that were used:

You must be a magician, you just made wood appear in my pants / If you were a monster truck show I'd stand in line hours to get into you

College update....ongoing correspondence with her top choice is looking promising. She has been emailing the admissions office regarding re-taking the SAT and they say it can only help and they are very happy with her hs transcripts and think she'd be a great fit on campus. At this point the SAT is to try and reach the requirement score for the program, if it's not obtained then it looks as if she'll be accepted but as undeclared.

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? I'm off tomorrow so I can start planning now. :p Weather pending I'll mow the lawn and my in-laws lawn (should be the last mow), want to change the oil in the P5, may swap the snow tires onto all three cars or wait until next weekend, work Sat. night, Sun veg out with the boy child since the girls are going shopping at the outlets. Maybe we'll hit up Fat Jacks for some wings and watch some 'murcian football.

All good news, Jeff! Car prep for me this Saturday (Winter Detailing) and a Track Cross on Sunday with Evan and Marc, weather permitting. Not much of anyhing else fo rme....

Sounds good on the college front!

I'm being forced to go to a pumpkin patch on Saturday afternoon and we have a diaper party/baby shower in the evening. Other than that, laundry and maybe some OT. OT isn't mandatory yet but I have a feeling it will be soon. I've been staying about 1/2 hour to an hour extra through the week but being short a person the work keeps stacking up while other projects get dumped on us.

Thanks guys!

Have fun at the track Marlon.

LOL at being forced. Enjoy it...they grow up too damn quick! So they are now calling them diaper parties too? Mandatory OT would suck but it's some extra money and you've been staying later anyway so it's somewhat of a 'routine'. Any idea if they'll be hiring an extra person?

Well the guy's part is diapers and booze. Bring a pack of diapers and a 6 pack, watch sports. We did it when we had Kennedy and had diapers for a year. It was awesome.

I say forced because I had no say, I would've picked Sunday. I don't mind the extra money but I do love being at home and doing the whole husband/dad thing. We supposedly have a new person starting in 2 weeks, but we were told she was starting last month also. Before that we were told the spot would be filled before the summer so....Plus she won't be able to do most of the projects yet, just the basic stuff while she's training.

That sounds awesome! Wish I had heard about that (if they were around then) when my kids were born. Free diapers for a year would have been sweet!

I see and know what you mean. Money is nice but it's nicer to be home doing the husband/dad thing, especially when they are younger. Well good luck with getting that new person hired. Just have to love upper management at times.

Back