The official Mazda FML thread.

:
08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
The FML thread is designed for no other reason but to vent about situations or stories involving your car or anything just worth hearing about that just makes you say..."**** MY LIFE". I was inspired to start this thread after what happened to me today...

As I walked out of my class I headed to my car to go home for the day when all of the sudden walking down some stone steps outside in front of what seemed like all of the students at the university I tripped and fell down these steps in front of everyone. I stood up immediately embarrassed and noticed my hands and arms are bleeding while everyone laughed hysterically. Humiliated I headed to my 08 speed3 only to find a university rent a cop writing me a a parking ticket. I approched him and he handed me my ticket and proceeded to say, "Nice car!"
....**** my Life

Ouch. When you got home, did you find your girlfriend had run off & the dog had died? Or vice versa, maybe?

So I backed my car out of my garage without using the engine (just letting the handbrake go and shoving it) then I stop it and when I want to put it back in the garage a little while later, my friends go "Let's push it in, don't use your engine!" I just said "Durrr okay!" Upon later inspection today I find a flat dented spot in the hatch from where my friend pushed the car with his palm... I'm an idiot. **** my life.

my roommate and me drove 60 miles to a car dealer to pick up my spankin' new speed3 GT tonight. the sales guy handed me the keys and said "go check it out" since he was still busy with another customer. a few minutes later i handed him the checks (downpayment + financing part) only to find out my bank had messed up the check, so I couldn't drive the car off the lot. 60 miles each way, about $10 toll roads each way for nothing. gotta go back to the bank tomorrow after work and then find a way to get to the dealer on saturday since my roomie won't be there.

:bs: (blowup)

when i was at the dyno/body shop,

after pulling my car off the lift they had this chassis on wheels sitting out in the parking lot.

well to say the least, it was in my blindspot or better yet, out of my eye line...my windows were all the way down but it was below my door my door and i backed right up into it.

luckily i caught the very edge of my bumper going to the wheel well, so i have about an inch long scratch on my back bumper directly behind the tire. you really have to look for it to see it.

oh, i was washing my car saturday forgot to put my windshield wipers back down after washing my windshield, opened the hood and scratched the paint off the edge ofmy hood right behind the windshield wipers

FML

Finally a thread where I can vent the rage that has been building up within me for the last couple of months.

Let me set the scene......

Driving 90 mph on the Jersey Turnpike....
It was a moonlit night...
Me and the road were like one sentient being...
Until the freaking car in front of me veers out of the way and I'm left staring at a huge peice of tire shrapnel and BOOM...
Needless to say I pulled over my car all in a panic only to find that the front 3 inches of my bumper were warped and the plastic cover underneath had been all messed up. FML

Still haven't had it repaired. Maaco quoted me about 350 which isn't bad at all considering everywhere else has told me they would need to replace the whole bumper and paint it which would be around 1k.

oh, i was washing my car saturday forgot to put my windshield wipers back down after washing my windshield, opened the hood and scratched the paint off the edge ofmy hood right behind the windshield wipers

FML

i feel your pain...i did the same exact thing like within the first couple weeks i had it. luckily the little spot hasn't rusted yet, but i still need to put somehting on it

Watched my friend back out of a driveway without looking backwards. He scraped up the rear drivers side of my car and did 1,700$ worth of damage going less than 2MPH. FML

I parked my car in a parking lot up at the top of a hill at school. Then I got too drunk to drive it back down, so I walked back to my dorm. In the morning I was walking back to my car with my friend and we saw a couple cars that were ****** up, like side view mirrors knocked off and s*** like that. I turn to him and jokingly say, that would suck if someone hit my car. We get to my car, and turned out some dumb bastard, who was probably drunk, must have cut the wheel too much when they were pulling out from next to me (on the left side) and they ******* swiped my car. A real nice 6" x 18" scratch. FML

I am cursed...I just recently installed my cobb fmic by myself in my own driveway. Everything was going great and I got the whole thing put back together bumper and all and decided to test drive. I decided to let the plastic cover that goes under the car off until I returned. I installed the fmic map to my ecu from my cobb AP and then started my test drive. all was well until I hammered on it a little bit when I heard a sound I can only describe as a huge balloon exploding followed by another horrific sound which sounded like my exhaust fell off. The pipe running from the right side (passenger side) going up towards the throttle body had blown off due to lack of tightness on the silicone coupler and because i left the plastic cover off under my car it struck the road and made a horrible dent. I pulled over and proceeded to reattach the piping and tighten the clamp next to rush hour traffic. I had to bend a new pipe and fit it to the cobb systtem......FML
Oh and this is also my second posting on this thread...FML x 2

my p5 gets to go back to a body shop for another fix. i'm at this place at least once a year and they 'fixed' it in '03 after a hit 'n run.....

FML

i started a thread for my story but i think it will fail.....fml #1

my wife wont' let me get a cobb sri cuz it's "too expensive" and will "void the warranty"....fml #2

i had really rotten beer farts this morning so i decided to give her a dutch oven when i woke up....FHL!!!!

i install my catback on friday night in anticipation of running the track that night, install was cool, but man was it a hot night! after sitting in line for 30 mins ready to hit my 13's, i forgot to factor in what heat does to a TMIC. with a perfect launch i run a 15 flat. FML

Back