The new GTI

tiagotiago

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
Over in Euroland, VW has already unveiled the future (mk6) Golf.

Now there are some pictures around of the mk6 GTI. I like it :D, but we MS3 guys still have more powaaa /evil laugh

Here's the link.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I'm sure it will grow on me like all new designs but I think I like the look of the current front end better.

This is already on here twice today. Nice looking but will keep my speed3. I do however love the interiors of GTI's with the retro plaid seats.

I think that the car lacks curvature. When you look at the rear of our car, the rear quarters flare out like a big hipped latina. The golf is so straight and plain, it just looks so jai ne sais quoi, European. I like a car with aggressive body lines, and those seats are hideous.

Over in Euroland, VW has already unveiled the future (mk6) Golf.

Now there are some pictures around of the mk6 GTI. I like it :D, but we MS3 guys still have more powaaa /evil laugh

Here's the link.

Enjoy!
$600 dollars solves the power issue.
http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/ecu_upgrade_mkvgti.html

I still like the MS3, but if power is the only arguement the MS3 engine is pretty much maxed out and the VW 2.0T FSI is de-tuned. Depends on what you want I guess. With the ECU retune, power between the two is about equal, but you pay more for the VW even without the retune.

Last edited:
I still like the MS3, but if power is the only arguement the MS3 engine is pretty much maxed out a

Really? Nah maxed out is a stretch. Maybe over 350whp the rods could be an issue but tuning is the real problem that needs to be overcome. There are quite a few people above the 300 hp mark on the stock motor.

Will VW finally put a LSD of some sort in the GTI by default? Hell, even a torsen would do. You can't fight the front-wheel HP war with open diffs. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

s*** mazdaspeed3 needs a bodykit, a lil more hp (new tune), dual exhaust and they are head to head with VW without making any changes LOL

what? I meant the new gti looks exactly like the old one. no comparison to the MS3 was intended.

BTW dual exhaust on an inline motor is just retarded

the mk5 front end looks sexy...but the rear looks ugly as ****.

now...the mk6 front end looks ugly as ****...and the rear end looks sexy.

They need to have the mk5 front end and the mk6 rear end lol

I agree

I think that the car lacks curvature. When you look at the rear of our car, the rear quarters flare out like a big hipped latina. The golf is so straight and plain, it just looks so jai ne sais quoi, European. I like a car with aggressive body lines, and those seats are hideous.

I love the curves on the MS3, very muscular and sexy and the same time. Ironically very Italian for a Japanese Car, whereas the VW is straight as an arrow.

I do like the VW Steering wheel but not much of anything else.

gti_800_002.jpg

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_2505.shtml

Back