The Formula One Season has Started!!!!

i was planning on watching, but me and some friends went to get food around 6, and that turned it to drinking for over 7 hours

so im just waiting to catch a replay

I dont understand why Ferrari is so superior. I mean all the teams race the same type of engine. Fernando Alonso always is saying that the Ferrari cars are so fast. What gives them the edge ?

Just because it's the same TYPE of engine does not by any means make it the SAME engine. Also, you have to remember that the aero packages are all different from team to team, and chassis setup is a big deal as well

Ferrari doesn't want to lose another WCC after not winning it for 2 years so they are working extra hard to make sure the package is going to be extremely competitive.

just watched the race last night, and looks like McLaren-Mercedes team has it worked out... and hamilton is going to be a HUGE force in the future, if not even now...

McLaren will be stronger as the season goes on, and give a real fight for the constructors championship. The drivers is tough championship is tough to call, Kimi looks to be the one to beat but give Mclaren a chance to get to know the Bridgestone rubber better.

This race would have been better had BMW not opted for such a crappy strategy and held up Alonso and Hamilton, the race could have been a lot closer I think. Alex Wurz sure was lucky though!

I dont mind seeing Ferrari win now that Schumacher is gone, but still dont enjoy seeing the scuderia on top. The battle between the McLaren drivers should be good.

everyone's getting used to the bridgestone rubber. These tires are not what bridgestone was running last year, totally different tire. Plus, everyone's been testing with them all winter, so they're pretty much on a level playing field as far as that's concerned.

aMaff said:
no. I woke up really early yesterday and ended up passing out on the couch about 15 minutes b4 the end of sebring :(. It's probably better cuz I'm up at 5:00 this morning for course setup @ the autocross.

Read the articles on formula1.com, and going from 16th to 6th ain't too shabby from Massa.

Please tell me you weren't actually wearing a wig and hat in front of the tv. Please...

I don't follow f1 too much, but the LeMans race was awesome!!! Best finish ever!

Last edited:
aMaff said:
everyone's getting used to the bridgestone rubber. These tires are not what bridgestone was running last year, totally different tire. Plus, everyone's been testing with them all winter, so they're pretty much on a level playing field as far as that's concerned.

Yes it is a new spec, but Bridgestone has a greater allegiance to Ferrari than other team and will receive more support for their tires. Even though all the teams have tested the tires doesn't mean they have as good an understanding as Ferarri as Im sure the characteristics are closer to last years spec Bridgestone than the Michelin's

I'm so glad to see so many Tifosi on this site!!!!!!!
I've been posting on ferrarichat.com like crazy for the past week about the race. Watched practice, qual, and the race all live. AWESOME STUFF!!

I am so excited to see the season unfold--should be the best one in years.

To be honest, Kimi is not my favorite driver, but because he is in the Prancing Horse he's jumped up a few notches in my book.....naturally.
But i myself will be rooting for Massa for this season.

FORZA MASSA
FORZA FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always been a fan of the Iceman, he's just never had a car worth half a crap

*puts on flame suit for McLaren rebuttal* :p

aMaff said:
I've always been a fan of the Iceman, he's just never had a car worth half a crap

*puts on flame suit for McLaren rebuttal* :p

Haha, won't find it here! Especially now with Alonso :thumbdown:

Back