the evil M thread

nutmeg

:
2011 3 itouring
I did a little sculpting work with my dremel, then 400 sandpaper and finished in SEM trim black #39143 which is a nice satin finish. used a drop of purple locktite (the weakest, it should really be fine with just the posts like the mazda text) on the mounting posts to hold it in but I might probably put a touch of double stick tape underneath each post on the M to hold it more firmly so it doesn't wobble.

I also painted the mazda badge black which I have meaning to do for some time. Call me crazy, and you have to look at the right angle, but doesn't it pull out the black border around the reverse and turn signals just a wee bit more?

The chrome 3 will spend the rest of eternity in the glove box because I don't think it looks right in any colour, and getting it on straight again would be near-on impossible. Going to paint the front badge body colour I think. Don't really like the chrome but don't want to black it out.

I know some people here don't like these evil M's, but I think it is really neat. If you don't like the evil M, think of it as two leafs. Or two flames. Or the batsign. or whatever (breakn) Let's see yours!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC05207.JPG
    DSC05207.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 6,723
  • DSC05205.JPG
    DSC05205.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 3,009
Last edited:
oh oh, I got it! Kitty ears! ^_^
That looks good
thanks, there is one tiny airbubble in the paint but it's not worth pulling it off to respray. This paint was on the front of my dad's suburban for several years and was pretty much bombproof. If it flakes off I guess I'll have to do the bleach thing... but yeah I'll agree even up close it looks pretty good :D

So nobody else is going to share their Ms? :( I'm new here, don't mean to be rude. Do I have to wait a few weeks for a couple responses, or is it just that nobody cares?

PS:
I am going to replace the inter sticker with one up on the glass. should be easy to pull it off, nowadays with gasperini going down the tubes. (sad1) but somehow I can't quite pull myself to do it. "it'll be like a bandaid, just close your eyes and pull" because I know putting another one on will be even harder (lol2)

Last edited:
I did a little sculpting work with my dremel, then 400 sandpaper and finished in SEM trim black #39143 which is a nice satin finish. used a drop of purple locktite (the weakest, it should really be fine with just the posts like the mazda text) on the mounting posts to hold it in but I might probably put a touch of double stick tape underneath each post on the M to hold it more firmly so it doesn't wobble.

I also painted the mazda badge black which I have meaning to do for some time. Call me crazy, and you have to look at the right angle, but doesn't it pull out the black border around the reverse and turn signals just a wee bit more?

The chrome 3 will spend the rest of eternity in the glove box because I don't think it looks right in any colour, and getting it on straight again would be near-on impossible. Going to paint the front badge body colour I think. Don't really like the chrome but don't want to black it out.

I know some people here don't like these evil M's, but I think it is really neat. If you don't like the evil M, think of it as two leafs. Or two flames. Or the batsign. or whatever (breakn) Let's see yours!

attachment.php

attachment.php

nice feet(kiss)(kiss)

Looks good! I am gonna do this soon once I have a free weekend. Maybe we can make a mini meet out of it! I'll have my test pipe and Turbo Inlet Pipe to install as well. Should be a good time killer while the paint dries. If you want to help out that would be sweet

Ill be doing it soon. Your right about the front one. If I do it black you won't really see it because the part of the grill is black too. I Can make it a chrome evil m, paint it the body color, or black it out and make people squint to see it. Not sure which but I want to decide before getting started so I can knock it all out at once.

Latest posts

Back