The dreaded rear end

cohen086

:
MAZDASPEED 6
I am guessing I became a victom of the rear end snapping...i did a launch off the line racing some dude and hear a loud snap. 4wd light started flashing and then went off. Everytime i slow to a stop you can hear it click click clicking. Also on takeoff now the front 2 tires just spin like all hell. Anyone have any input on this??? oh yea and the front wheel drive light is not on, and dashhawk dtc's are 0

probably snapped the mount. take it to the dealer is all there is too it. then once they fix them i would suggest upgrading them if you plan on doing that again.

Since you're not getting an obnoxious clunking from the rear, but you're getting no power back there either, I'd say you snapped a halfshaft or CV.

the guy in service was actually very cool...i asked him about the mods on the car and he said that since it is most likely not directly related to the modifications there shouldnt be a problem and it will be covered under warranty. the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act allows people to modify their cars and unless the problem with the car is directly related to the modified part then you still get to keep your warranty. i just got lucky enough that this dealership follows that law because most dont.

just talked to the service manager...they overnighted a new rear driveshaft, he said he was not exactally sure what was wrong because he didnt get to talk to the mechanic before he left but they said i should have it back tomorrow :)

well i get to pick up the car tomorrow and heres what they said...the rear driveshaft was snapped so they ordered a new one of those, my rear diff mount was cracked and loose so they ordered a new one of those, they replaced my alternater for some odd reason, and they are paying for every cent. guess i found a nice dealership:)

i had the left side snap on me also a wile back . the bolts on the rightside mount of the diff seen to snap also because they start coming loose . the fix be on top and check every month . to tight them up

well i get to pick up the car tomorrow and heres what they said...the rear driveshaft was snapped so they ordered a new one of those, my rear diff mount was cracked and loose so they ordered a new one of those, they replaced my alternater for some odd reason, and they are paying for every cent. guess i found a nice dealership:)
Dang what dealership do you go to? I'll drive over from Pittsburgh! lol

I ve broken 3 rear diff mounts. well its not the diff its self its the bolts that are breaking that hold the diff to the mount theres only 2. I have a cold air intake, catback exhaust and turbo smart bov. Its deffently a part to upgrade

i might have to replace my alternator as well... i wanna know what guy decided to put it 3 inches away from the hot side of the turbo thinking a tiny piece of heat shielding would safice.

Back