The CX-9 Is Gone

Stealth01

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Well, we loved the CX-9. It was a great truck, but the payments were way high, and we wanted to drop them about $150 a month.

So today we traded it on a 2010 Fusion Sport. 3.5L, 6Spd ATX, Sync, Leather, Sirius, Fogs, 6-year bumper-to-bumper, auto-dimming mirror. FWD.

Great car, and my wife LOVES it. Wanted AWD, but that would have negated the savings we were looking for.

Got below X-plan pricing too because my wife's a hella good negotiator who isn't afraid to walk out.

But of course I still have my MS6. :)

No, I meant X-plan. It's Ford's plan where they partnered with universities and businesses. I think S-plan is even cheaper than X-plan.

(gossip)(2thumbs)good luck with your new ride. post some comparable differences with your xcx9 to the fusion. i knew i should've kept my msp!

Ford Fusion is a very nice car and Ford has done an awesome job with all aspects of it including Sync. However, you just cut your passenger room by 2 and cargo room by at least half (if third row is stowed away). Is this something that is going to work out for you?

Also, are the savings that substantial? I don't know what your payment was in the CX-9, but unless you are leasing the Fusion I dont really think you are saving your proposed $150a month...correct me if I am wrong please. I guess if you factor gas consumption you may be saving the $150 a month you wanted to...I don't know...??

(gossip)(2thumbs)good luck with your new ride. post some comparable differences with your xcx9 to the fusion. i knew i should've kept my msp!

As soon as she lets me drive it, I'll do that lol.

I want sync so bad. I don't care that MS made it. They finally did something right!

Yeah, it's a way cool system.

Ford Fusion is a very nice car and Ford has done an awesome job with all aspects of it including Sync. However, you just cut your passenger room by 2 and cargo room by at least half (if third row is stowed away). Is this something that is going to work out for you?

Also, are the savings that substantial? I don't know what your payment was in the CX-9, but unless you are leasing the Fusion I dont really think you are saving your proposed $150a month...correct me if I am wrong please. I guess if you factor gas consumption you may be saving the $150 a month you wanted to...I don't know...??

Yes, the room issue works out. Our kids are now moving out (one's gone, one's almost gone, leaving us just two), and the trunk space on this thing is amazing. Plus, if we need an SUV-sized carrier, we still have our Grand Cherokee.

We rolled a TON of negative equity into the CX-9, and a good bit into the Fusion, but due to rebates, incentives, a MUCH lower interest rate, and the lower price of the Fusion, we went from $700 a month to $550.

Yes, the room issue works out. Our kids are now moving out (one's gone, one's almost gone, leaving us just two), and the trunk space on this thing is amazing. Plus, if we need an SUV-sized carrier, we still have our Grand Cherokee.

We rolled a TON of negative equity into the CX-9, and a good bit into the Fusion, but due to rebates, incentives, a MUCH lower interest rate, and the lower price of the Fusion, we went from $700 a month to $550.

Cool, that works! I did not know you had a JGC. Looks like to made a smart move.

How many cars do you have? Don't you have a corvette too? Or is that Force-1?

Oh God, no! We own:

2006 MS6 (Mine)
2010 Fusion (Hers)
2005 Grand Cherokee (Family Third Car)

Cool, that works! I did not know you had a JGC. Looks like to made a smart move.

We love the Jeep. Thing's a tank that'll go through just about anything we throw it at.

We shall see.

I admit--the microsoft sticker worries me. Hate to have her driving along and suddenly the car gives her the blue screen of death lol.

How many cars do you have? Don't you have a corvette too? Or is that Force-1?

DSCF1119.jpg

Bash-1.jpg

I hate our $370 payment on our CX9. Bought new and dumped about 15k down and still hate the payments. Could not swallow $700. Making that monthly payment would give me a heart attack. Looked to get rid of the CX9 for a Sequoia and could not justify taking a hit that hard on the CX9 and paying that much for a car.

I hate our $370 payment on our CX9. Bought new and dumped about 15k down and still hate the payments. Could not swallow $700. Making that monthly payment would give me a heart attack. Looked to get rid of the CX9 for a Sequoia and could not justify taking a hit that hard on the CX9 and paying that much for a car.

We pay $300 on the Jeep, $480 on my car, and now $550 on the Fusion instead of $700 on the CX-9. The Jeep and the MS6 have values very close to their loan amounts, so I'm not too worried about those. If push comes to shove, I can sell them and get almost the whole loan paid off.

I recently rented a low content Fusion SE and was very impressed. This is one great car. Great handling. Good ride. Decent space. Good economy. Nice looking. Only question I had coming out of it was 'why would anyone buy a Camry?'

Back