The best smoothest ride

mavreix

:
Protege, 02 ES
I wish that is what I could have. My brother has an 03 ES that rides as smooth as some Z's. He has stock alloy 16 rims and has had his car lowered with some good springs and sway bars. The ride is absolutely amazing- he only has like 50,000 less miles then me which makes me wonder why my 02 DX is so much more rough and what could I do to improve the ride. I have Eibech springs but never put the sway bars in and some 17" rims. Also my front right motor mount is slightly damaged. What should I replace to improve the ride- mostly its just really stiff you feel everything in the road. Any ideas?

I wish that is what I could have. My brother has an 03 ES that rides as smooth as some Z's. He has stock alloy 16 rims and has had his car lowered with some good springs and sway bars. The ride is absolutely amazing- he only has like 50,000 less miles then me which makes me wonder why my 02 DX is so much more rough and what could I do to improve the ride. I have Eibech springs but never put the sway bars in and some 17" rims. Also my front right motor mount is slightly damaged. What should I replace to improve the ride- mostly its just really stiff you feel everything in the road. Any ideas?

he more then likely has softer side walls on his tires not to mention a larger side wall with the 16's so more take impact from small bumps and crap in the road.

tires is a big reason. just took off some 50 series kumho ast tires and put on some 60 series so-so AS tires. ride is smoother for sure but we need winter traction. the old kumho's were heavy too. the tire tech said the sidewalls were way stiff. hard to get off the rims. try swapping tires/wheels with your bro as an experiment. see how it affects your ride.

What kind of springs does your brother have? If they are not exactly the same as yours that could be the reason. Or it could also be the struts. Your's could be need to be replaced or you have a different brand of struts that he does. Or it's the side wall like the other guys said. Or it's a little of everything

Latest posts

Back