that frickin blower motor

Drogos

Is this a Mazda thing? I just bought 11' cx 9. Love the car but that damn blower is killing me .....it's louder than any car I owned but bearable with music on. Today though it was parked outside with 10F on the clock.....and daiiiiiiiiim was it loud until it warmed up......bearings??? I did took it out few days ago and cleaned everything a bit ....few leaves ....maybe it improved a bit but still....my old mazda 6 had the same issue ....I replaced 3 damn aftermarket blowers and each one of them was louder than the other. To be fair I never used new OEM blower so I can't comment on that but having experience with 2 mazdas now ....I doubt that will fix the issue.
Any ideas anyone?? I was thinking about putting some noise isolation material around the blower ....on top of new actual motor blower I guess. Please share your thoughts

Today though it was parked outside with 10F on the clock.....and daiiiiiiiiim was it loud until it warmed up

Mine is loud and squeaks when it's cold. Once the car warms up the squeaks go away. Only exception is on days when the temp is around 10F or lower. Then the fan doesn't seem to warm up and will still be noisy, even on long trips.

Yeh....but why...can't believe mazda has particularly different fan design, yet I only had that issue on mazdas. Wtf

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FYI, the stock blower motor in my '10 was pretty quiet, even on the highest setting. I had to replace it after the A/C drain clogged up and water backed up into the blower motor, killing it. The replacement blower is a lot louder. I went with an aftermarket blower - the OEM Mazda blower motor is around $400 vs. $50 for aftermarket.

You could pull off the cover on the lower dash (passenger side) and see if you have an OEM part in there. I'm guessing it was replaced with an aftermarket part if it is really loud.

Hmmm that's a thought...I did take it out ...it said denso....is that oem?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back