Texans, explain this.

it probably has to do with the fact that hpv is an std. and while some kids are having sex at young ages, it seems strange to require 11 year old girls to get vaccinated for an std.

or it could be that there's no long term studies on the side effects of the vaccine.

yea... let us answer this..... drama king. How about you ask the people who decided it. people always need drama to feed on.. ******* a

Because govt = bad!! Why do you insist on thinking that the govt mandating everything to us is a good thing??? Explain THAT.

The parent and child themselves should have a choice in whether they want the vacinne or not - having a law to require it is just stupid.

They're not banning the vaccine. It should be up to the girls and their mothers' choice whether they get the vaccine or not. No need for it to be required by law.

jersey_emt said:
They're not banning the vaccine. It should be up to the girls and their parents' choice whether they get the vaccine or not. No need for it to be required by law.

fixed?

dude, your an idiot. If it were up to me id pass the law, just some people dont like to BE REQUIRED<~~~Key word. To take a vaccine that is to prevent an STD.

Holy cow, there is still common sense on these forums! I'm heartened to see that there are still people who think that the govt. should not be able to impose its will on EVERY espect of our personal lives especially when it comes to children.

I'm not oppossed to the vaccine at all but for the Govt. to tell me that my daughter HAD to have it is just crazy!

mountjonas said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey_emt
They're not banning the vaccine. It should be up to the girls and their parents' choice whether they get the vaccine or not. No need for it to be required by law.

fixed?

Thanks for fixing that. I wonder why Dads are always left out of the picture?

1killercls said:
I blame Cheney. (rofl)

No no man. It was Karl Rove. The 8 U.S Attorneys refused to have their daughters immunized so he concocted this to have them fired! (peep)

Donas64 said:
No no man. It was Karl Rove. The 8 U.S Attorneys refused to have their daughters immunized so he concocted this to have them fired! (peep)

LOL..It's all so clear..how did I miss the connection??!!??? (rofl2)

Blake said:
dude, your right. If it were up to me I woudn't pass the law, just some people shouldn't BE REQUIRED<~~~Key word. To take a vaccine that is to prevent an STD.

*Forgot to say fixed*

I have a daughter and I would want to know what the long range effects are.

The vaccine should be recommended but not required.

Last edited:
dont change my wordings please you can write your own sentences, I stand where I stand and dont appreciate that.

dude I can appreciate an opinion everyone is entitled to one. But dont take my words and change them, its my opinion.

You are reqiured to get other vaccines. I dont understand what all the fuss is about. People dont know the long term effects of all required vaccines they give now. This one just happens to be an std and every one panties are getting bunched up. Just drink some prune juice and let it go(i know im corny)

Back