Test drove an SRT-4 today...

EviLMaN said:
with the sales people its just not Dodge. the guy who i bought the Mp5 was cool and all but knew nothin about cars he said that the Mazdaspeed was supercharged (in my head. " when did super chargers get B.O.V) and i thought T3/T4 was a Turbo lol. but the sales men at Mazda was nice and was str8 up and said ill tak 1k off the price and give ya all the rebates. and the honda sales men ( i was lookin around for a car) wouldnt let me and my dad leave we had to MEET the Manager i donno y me and my dad just left lol. and wen i test drove the civic he foun a 5spd and said WOW THIS ONE HAS AIRCONDITIONING. umm ya me and my dad looked at each other.

I was told the MSP had a "turbo chip" that rated the car at 171 hp. He pointed to the fuse box and said that was the "turbo computer". I asked him what that big silver thing was in front of the engine (the T25) and he said it was part of the coolant system. I asked him I could get it in an automatic and he said I sure could. Cruise control too.

I had so many things I called a salesmen on the salesmanager asked if I wanted to come in a teach the sales guys about the MSP :D

I just got a copy of an internally circulated Mazda publication that they send to their dealers. There is a hug article about people shopping for the MSP and 6. It tells the dealerships to bone up on their product info. "Most consumers looking at these products will more likely know more about it than you do. All this thanks to the internet"!! I thought that was hillarious.

I'll see if I can get it scanned and fax it to you. I want to keep the original document. It's from a magazine called "Mazda Fuel" it's the Sept-Oct issue. I'll go to Kinko's and get it scanned. They have several articles about the MSP and it's performance value.

1st MP3 in NH said:
The parts are not warrentied for function right or for craftmenshoip from mopar. Once installed the mopar parts present the same warrenty void that any other parts will. Its even on the Mopar website. Salesmen are misinformed!!!
There is NO warrenty for the parts or for the car they are installed on.

Mopars site:

Mopar Performance Parts Warranty

Mopar Performance Parts are sold "as is," without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition or if they fail as a result of modification.

Go to this link, scroll to the bottom and click on the warrenty link.
http://www.mopar.com/perf_srt.htm

Dodge and Mopar are making some serious misinformation attempt on these things while keeping the right to void warrenties on people.

But it's not saying that the parts void your car warranty is it? That's what I'm talking about......I know the the upgrades themselves aren't covered but I'm more concerned about them voiding the warranty on the stock parts because you added Mopar performance parts. That's what my parts manager indicated to me anyways.

Per the wording of the warrenty I have to believe that the mopar parts if there is a problem with the car can be blaimed and the warrenty viod.

Like I said it seems as if they are doing some serious misinformation here. I think it will all come down to the particular service center and in the case of a major issue it will be the area reps decision and the legalities are in place to back him up whatever his decision. So it appears you are basicly at those peoples mercy.

On a seperate and bad note, a member on the other board is only getting offered $10K for his car as a trade. That sucks major ass for a 1 year old car. Hell I am stillgetting offered 10K and pissed aboutit on my MP3.

They seem to be holding up well other then the clutch noise, that hasn't become anything more then that to my knowledge.

MarkSpark said:
Yeah sure, ya thread jacker. Or you could check out a junkyard and get one for hella cheap.

really??? but i want a nice one!

and HEY this is off topic dammit, my posts dont count

I just gotta say... WOW!!! I mean, when I test drove that thing this past summer it was HOT AS HELL!!! I didn't want to put the AC on because I wanted to feel the full effect! Anyway, the point is... it's freakin COLD out now!! I'm pretty impressed with this thread! It's got some legs on it! It's like a freakin Santana song... won't get off the charts! Seriously people.... a buddy of mine has an SRT and he can't stop complaining about it. said it's been in for repair more than in his driveway. so far (knock on plastic that sort've but not really looks like carbon fiber) I've had no probs with my MSP. I'll take reliability over crazy ass speed any day!!!

Back