Teeson's Probege Build Thread

Thats good to hear, sorry i havent been on much i got a 97 camaro for free that im playing with, once i get a paycheck ill run 91 with my o2 gauge and vac gauge and try to break 32mpg, but mine is getting a misfire in one of the cyclinders and going to swap my plugs once i get paid

hope everything is going well

Thats good to hear, sorry i havent been on much i got a 97 camaro for free that im playing with,
hope everything is going well

Thanx man, ya things are going good. Weather's been crummy so I haven't been able to go racing again. I can safely say I'm getting better MPG's with 91, but at the moment its still at par. The money I save I spend on the additional octane points, but she runs better so its worth it.
I bought an RX7 for $450 thinking it needed a trans. After I trailered it home I found out the clutch fluid resevior was bone dry. So all it needs is a slave cylinder, which I'm replacing tomorow. Things in good shape so I'm excited.

And honestly I'm on this site less now...

Hey fellows I'm new to site.ive been reading your fabulous thread
And have to say I'm amaized with all of it.i also want to this mod
My question to u guys could I use a automatic jdm tranny. And get same
Results.sorry if I'm of topic.

Check out inone's build thread/KL swap. He tried with an auto first and went with a manual currently.

I would've still had the ATX, if it hadn't grenaded. It shattered the planetary gears and ate it's own insides!

Went MTX from a PGT, got the shifter assembly from another P5 and went to town. Never looked back.

Oh that sucked. Any idea what made it blow. I just was wanted more power without the cost and
Don't want to swap to manual.I read alot of the post on the site but still alil confused
All I need is ze engine And tranny computer, harness. To run stock. Do I have to anything to
Front end as far as suspension and axle?

Ihone is the man to talk to about ATX swapping, especially regarding the mechanicals of it.

Any particular reason for an ATX? the manuals from Probe/MX6s are fantastic after a tranny brace.

Yea dont really want to thru da hassle of converting AtX to Mtx. But I read
Ihone tread and looks like atx won't work. So now I'm debating on the swap since
I'm paying for labor to be done.

Yea dont really want to thru da hassle of converting AtX to Mtx. But I read
Ihone tread and looks like atx won't work. So now I'm debating on the swap since
I'm paying for labor to be done.

Sorry,but converting from auto to manual is not THAT hard.....

The swap was really not that hard, honestly.

I wouldn't have swapped ATX > MTX had the ATX not bit the dust. I give most the credit for it dividing by zero and imploding on itself - to me. when I put the shift kit into it - I think I missed something in the mechanical shifter rod that is under the front pan. it always seemed to be stuck in gear, regardless of where I shifted it to. There were several other hurdles too, but nothing a little creativity wouldn't/didn't overcome.

FWIW - my reasoning for the ATX was due to a bad left knee. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be (the clutch push/pull effort that is).

Yea but when u take it shop mechanics always make a big deal so
They could hit in the pocket. So I'm thinking just doing Fs- ze
But still doing research.

Well its been about a 100 years or so since my last update... soo I'll make it short.

Car's been good for the most part, got the mazda6 brakes done and going, car brakes so much harder. And the rear calipers stopped seizing; imagine that!?
I have been getting misfires however, I've been playing with the TPS, Timing, and the idle screw and just can't get it to idle properly when its warm. Looking back I think this problem was always present, after a few passes in a row at the track she would get a lumpy idle. Well now she gets a lumpy idle from a 10 minute drive so somethings gotten worse. I have a spare IAC laying around so ima chuck that in and see what happens. Have already done plugs and wires, just put in new injectors so hopefully its not the disty, I'm getting quite stumped.

On a different side note, I'm gonna sell it :(
Im gonna miss the exhaust note and how it pulls no matter the RPM, but its just time. I want something RWD, maybe even truck like, and something easier to drift lol. I love the KL engine but its been a temperamental complicated thing, maybe megasquirt would help but I'm passed putting $$ into it anymore. I have another year before I need to do an emissions check but I doubt it will pass. I could swap it to a KLG4 computer (which are rare in 5spd form) and pass it completely 'legally'. But I've been bitten by the drift bug pretty badly...
So keep your eyes out, cuz theres a 99 percent chance it'll be a part out, and I have some goodies that'll make swapping a car easier and faster

Sorry to hear about the issues but I completely understand wanting a "proper" wheel drive car with more power right off the bat. Best of luck, mate!

Damn man, wanted to see where your build went.

I too have been bitten by the drift bug - as I have been eyeballing a mkIII supra that is ready for an ls1.

Ooo that would be kinda different. Though a 1JZ is a pretty potent motor as it is, and the MK3 isnt the lightest chassis... that still is cool.
just out of curiosity I put it on my local craigslist, and have a bunch of trade offer. A mk3 RHD supra is one no less. Theres also a 87 Rx7 offer... might be taking that one...

Dude......you're a fool if you take that old rx7 - but if the mk3 is in good shape...you'd be a fool to NOT take it.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/3664219864.html

well, I got me a 92 240sx instead. leather, fully loaded bone stock, got it from the original owner who drives like a saint. so this has got to go, if I can't sell it fairly quickly ( i owe on the new car) part out begins next week sometime..

and ya all the other offers flaked over time. The supra guys wants a truck, the other guy was on the island...

Back