TB Bore!

akhilleus

Well my parts are starting to come in. I received the turbo injectors today and the stock TB. I remembered I had a stock protege TB laying around so i decided to compare them. Although the 4g63 TB has a larger inlet the outlet and butterfly are smaller. SO I am going to be able to use the butterfly off the Protege Tb and can have the 4g63 TB bored over by at least 3-4mm. While I am at it i will probably have the butterfly machined, since it is kinda thick and the edges are rough. I will also try to have the butterfly mount machined so it is thinner. Currently I am waiting on the IM, the injector resistor pack, the turbo fuel pump, and, if everything goes well, the turbo fuel rail. Just thought I would share :D

Glad you're back to modding Greg!!!! Lets see that puppy on the strip after you're done!

The butterfly on the protege is larger than the 4g63 butterfly. Butterflys are basically interchangeable based on size. Dis, its nice to be back, dont know what i will end up with, hopefully something a little more responsive. :D

Back