Takeda SRI

kjohn

:
2008.5 Mazda 3s GT manual
I have been doing some searches, but I havent been able to find much about theseSRIs. I have a 2008.5 NA Mazda 3 HB. Has anyone used this product, did you experience any CELs? How does it compare to other SRIs. I found one for 182 which seems like a good price for a SRI. thanks

hey i have a 06, 2.3 mazda 3 HB i just ordered one of the Takeda intakes anyone have any info on this yet ?

i did quite a bit of bumping around on intakes. i have not purchased one yet but i found one at cosmo racing for like $91.00. from what i have found they all claim about the same gains. check it out.

I recently added a Simota SRI CBII to my 3. The sound is agressive at WOT but when I'm just cruising it is barely noticeable. I have had it on for about a month and no CEL issues. The engine picks up RPMs faster and smoother than stock. Does this translate to the car moving faster/more horsepower? Couldn't say for sure. I paid about $150 shipped from a group buy on another ***********. Install is relatively straight forward. I'm not a mechanic so I take my time. 60 minutes to install.

I ended up going with the Mazdaspeed accessory CAI, I like the splash shield and my Dealer said there wont be any warranty issues. I installed it last week, and i was extremely surprised at how loud it is (at WOT)... I am sure everything is on tight too... I guess I wasnt expecting it to be so loud. I dont mind it, just wasnt expecting it

Last edited:
If you want a Short Ram Intake wait a week or so and go with the new Short Ram Intake that Corksport is releasing at the end of the month. I have been following its development and corksport seems to have this thing nailed.

If you want a Short Ram Intake wait a week or so and go with the new Short Ram Intake that Corksport is releasing at the end of the month. I have been following its development and corksport seems to have this thing nailed.

I second that. I have it, and it's higher quality than the Simota SRI intake it replaced (which caused $600 in damage to my car).

I second that. I have it, and it's higher quality than the Simota SRI intake it replaced (which caused $600 in damage to my car).

I've had the simota intake for almost a year and a half and still haven't had any problems. So now you got me all worried.

I had the Simota since April 2008. Early this year it pulled the wires out of the MAF connector harness. Maybe the removal of the balance shaft made the vibrations worse, and my car gets 35,000 or so miles put on it in a year. Perhaps most people won't ever run into a problem. The balance shaft removal didn't really make much of a difference in vibrations that I noticed, though. But I feel like I should at least let people know what happened in my case. My car has about 185,000 miles on it now, just to give you an idea how much it's driven (it's over 5.5 years old). Maybe the CorkSport rear motor mount insert would have made it worse? I wouldn't think so. If anything, I would think it would have made it less likely to have happened.

Personally, I recommend sticking with companies who have a ton of experience in Mazdas and have a known, long standing good reputation. CorkSport is one of those companies, and it's clear from the quality of this new intake. I used to think that SRIs were a pretty safe bet, but after my experience with the Simota, I'll be more careful with this particular performance upgrade in future cars.

I had the Simota since April 2008. Early this year it pulled the wires out of the MAF connector harness. Maybe the removal of the balance shaft made the vibrations worse, and my car gets 35,000 or so miles put on it in a year. Perhaps most people won't ever run into a problem. The balance shaft removal didn't really make much of a difference in vibrations that I noticed, though. But I feel like I should at least let people know what happened in my case. My car has about 185,000 miles on it now, just to give you an idea how much it's driven (it's over 5.5 years old). Maybe the CorkSport rear motor mount insert would have made it worse? I wouldn't think so. If anything, I would think it would have made it less likely to have happened.

Personally, I recommend sticking with companies who have a ton of experience in Mazdas and have a known, long standing good reputation. CorkSport is one of those companies, and it's clear from the quality of this new intake. I used to think that SRIs were a pretty safe bet, but after my experience with the Simota, I'll be more careful with this particular performance upgrade in future cars.

Did you pop the wire harness off of the battery box, I did and there is a ton of slack.

Did you pop the wire harness off of the battery box, I did and there is a ton of slack.

I don't remember what it was like before. I would have followed the directions, although since I was coming from a cold air intake, I can't say for sure. Even if it was attached and the directions didn't say to disconnect it from the battery cover, I would consider that the fault of the intake. If you already have the Simota, I certainly wouldn't bother to replace it as long as there's plenty of play in the MAF wires, but there are other reasons why I would not recommend Simota for new buyers. On mine, after just two years, the intake was so corroded I couldn't separate it from the "carbon fiber" box. In addition, that "carbon fiber" box around the filter was also badly corroded and coming apart. Everything in the CorkSport intake strikes me as high quality parts with very little that I can see that could go wrong.

I don't remember what it was like before. I would have followed the directions, although since I was coming from a cold air intake, I can't say for sure. Even if it was attached and the directions didn't say to disconnect it from the battery cover, I would consider that the fault of the intake. If you already have the Simota, I certainly wouldn't bother to replace it as long as there's plenty of play in the MAF wires, but there are other reasons why I would not recommend Simota for new buyers. On mine, after just two years, the intake was so corroded I couldn't separate it from the "carbon fiber" box. In addition, that "carbon fiber" box around the filter was also badly corroded and coming apart. Everything in the CorkSport intake strikes me as high quality parts with very little that I can see that could go wrong.

Well my carbon fiber heat sheild is cracking but what do you expect that kind of material wasn't meant to be under the hood of a car. I actually have another brand new simota intake that I will put on after the one that is on the car now is completly useless.

Back