Taillight background colors?

Rocket

I'm trying to replace my left tail light (2006 sport) due to an unfortunate encounter with my boat. On eBay, some sellers list them as "silver background", others as "black background". I looked carefully at mine, it appears to be a metallic grey color (scratch)

Were there actually two different colors of taillights in 2006, or is there just one?

Thanks!

Well I know the Grand Touring had a darker grey housing for the tail lights and the head lights
31290480002_large.jpg

010_3635.JPG

am i correct in assuming i could find those tails and swap them out on my 2010 5 i cant stand the newer style of tails on the 5 compared to the old ones

I dont see why not...I'm not a big fan of the newer ones either....I want the darker housing ones but I dont want to pay crazy dealer prices and even on ebay they are like almost $300 a side

Anyone know if you can black out the tails like you can the headlights? Probably easiest way to get this look

Aren't your tail lights tinted, Kid5?

I used that night shade stuff but wasnt really happy with it....and they are starting to fade...So I either re do them with niteshade or figure out a way to get the dark background ones

I used that night shade stuff but wasnt really happy with it....and they are starting to fade...So I either re do them with niteshade or figure out a way to get the dark background ones
Wrap them with smoked vinyl. The curves aren't all that compound so it should be really easy to do with little to no exp. As for fading nite shades? Nail polish remove will take it off and you can respray them and then wetsand and clear over them.

I should post up some the work I've done.

Wrap them with smoked vinyl. The curves aren't all that compound so it should be really easy to do with little to no exp. As for fading nite shades? Nail polish remove will take it off and you can respray them and then wetsand and clear over them.

I should post up some the work I've done.
What are you waiting for?...lol. Where in Pa are you located again?

Back