Swaybar endlinks

Rittmeister

:
2002 Protege ES
Long story short - I bought my 2002 Protege ES with an AWR rear swaybar on it. It had been installed incorrectly, and the endlinks were wrecked. At the time I just needed daily transport, so I removed it. I bought new endlinks from AWR with the intention of re-installing it properly, but ultimately ended up selling it off.

Fast forward to December. I picked up a used P5 rear sway bar, intending to finally at least install a stock rear. I was told by the seller that it would fit perfectly. I located bushings from my local dealer, and endlinks from Autozone.

And now, finally, I'm trying to install it today and running into issues. In short, the endlinks seem wrong. If I locate the ends of the swaybar below the rear lateral arms, the endlinks are too short and don't reach; if I put the swaybar between the two lateral arms (the way I've seen other installs done) the endlinks are too long.

My question is - how much of a direct swap is the P5 swaybar into my sedan chassis? I ordered endlinks for a 2002 Protege ES, but are the P5 endlinks a different length?

Please help, I need to get the car back on the road ASAP!

There are 3 different lengths for different proteges, discussed here. I would guess autozone gave you the wrong length.

There are 3 different lengths for different proteges, discussed here. I would guess autozone gave you the wrong length.

Clearly.

What's interesting is that AZ looks like they only list one part number.

I got what looks like the right part from the dealer. Hopefully it'll work.

Back