Swaping motor

U-Turn

Contributor
:
Protege 2000
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a new motor for my protege 2000. Someone as suggest me the BPT. I was wondering if someone had any comments or suggestions and if someone could tell me more about the bpt. I would also like to say that I'll would put a better turbo maybe a year after I would had the new engine.

For now, I would go for the bpt because the guy is offering me the motor with all the stuff, intercooler, air intake, stock turbo for 2000$. It also looks to me that the engine would be able to mount a better turbo without many rebuilding. So I would save so money and time.

That's it, thanks for helping me doing my choice. (humpleg)

the bp-t will not directly mount into a 2000 protege, nor will it mate to the transmission. the stock electronics will not wire up to the motor either.

what engine is in the car now?

Captain KRM P5 said:
the bp-t will not directly mount into a 2000 protege, nor will it mate to the transmission. the stock electronics will not wire up to the motor either.

what engine is in the car now?

I don't know the exact name but it's the 1.6L. The guy was saying to me it would fit bolt to bolt. :/

are you talking about the 3rd gen 1.6l? if so its not the bpt ... and negaTIZE might still have one for sale, drop him a line, if its the 3rd gen one it should bolt right up and they are boost monsters, if you dont plan on turboing in dont put the 1.6l in they are slow as balls without boost ... i know ... i have one :(.

U-Turn said:
I don't know the exact name but it's the 1.6L. The guy was saying to me it would fit bolt to bolt. :/

thats a B6T from a 323GTX and it will not fit "bolt to bolt" into a third gen protege.

what motor do you currently have in it?

Captain KRM P5 said:
thats a B6T from a 323GTX and it will not fit "bolt to bolt" into a third gen protege.

what motor do you currently have in it?

I addition a B6T doesnt put out any more power stock than a FS-DE

Hey, anyone know where I could order a FSZE 2.0L engine with tranny, axles, wiring harness and ecu? or maybe some parts of that. Anyway, if you could help me that would be nice. The more closer to Canada or in Canada would be the best.

Back